Sweet Frozen Watermelon

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
savannah

Sweet Frozen Watermelon

Post by savannah »

Last week, even before I'd ever heard of LDL....I went to friends house and he came out carrying a big bowl of frozen watermelon cubes....he was so excited...saying he accidently froze the melon and saying  it is so delicious this way....

never being a big watermelon fan...I ate a couple pieces (out of courtesy)....and to my surprise....the melon cubes were not only very, very sweet....but delicious!  It is now my new, low calorie....summer dessert...and how lucky....LDL approved....

It also avoids...buying a huge watermelon and then not having a place to put it in the refrigerator....keep half of it fresh and cut the rest into cubes and freeze.... :rolleyes:
laurawhite1026
New, but learning

Re: Sweet Frozen Watermelon

Post by laurawhite1026 »

:thumbsup: I love frozen watermelon and also try honeydew.....they are both really good frozen.
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

my grandmother used to use a melonballer and make frozen cantalope, watermelon and honeydew balls..they look very nice for a fancy dinner

kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks guys!! All I've been eating is frozen grapes but now I think I will have to try all of those! I am so excited! My honey is going to the grocery store tonight and I am going to get him to pick some up when he goes!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

TRY MAKING YOUR SMOOTHIE WITH 1 CUP WATER, FROZEN WATERMELLON, FROZEN GRAPES, FROZEN BLUEBERRIES, FROZEN STRAWBERIES.........OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT IS DELICIOUS........

TONIGHT I DID,  FROZEN GRAPES, FROZEN BANANNA, FROZEN BLUEBERRIES THAT WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOD.  IT TOOK A WHILE FOR ME TO GET OFF THE SOY MILK BUT, ONCE I DID I LOVE THE SMOOTHIES WITH THE WATER AND ALL FROZEN FRUIT !!!!!!!!!!!
            *love*      TRISH
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Am going to freeze some watermelon this week end.................Does it stick together when it freezes?  Just curious.

Martha
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

MARTHA,

I USE THE NON STICK ALUMIUN FOIL...........CUT IN UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND SPREAD IT OUT ON A COOKIE SHEET, AS I DO WITH ALL OTHER FROZEN FRUIT........

TRISH                  *love*
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I freeze just about every kind of fruit there is.  Now that I am on LDL I have frozen more varities for the winter.  Have you tried frozen oranges.  take them out nuk for 20 sec cut into wedges and eat  just like sorbet
Conna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

The only thing to remember when freezing cherries, it pays to pit them first.  I hate biting into a frozen cherry and hitting a hard frozen pit.  but love just about any frozen fruit as a snack.
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

:drool: WOW this is good! Thanks!
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

TRISH

Post by TRISH »

CONNA,

LET ME ASK YOU THIS ?    WHAT DO YOU PUT THE FROZEN FRUIT IN ?  I AM WAISTING ALOT OF ZIP BAGS...........I LOVE FROZEN SMOOTHIES FOR BREAKFAST AND DINNER........SO I USE ALOT OF FROZEN FRUIT.........ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW JERSEY HERE.......???????

I NEED HELP........THANKS          TRISH
            *love*
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I freeze a lot of my stuff in either tupperware containers, (dh calls me the tupperware queen) or the ziplock or glad reusable containers, then I can wash them and reuse them, and if they get too ratty looking I can toss them.
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

MOM,

DO YOU HAVE AN UPRIGHT FREEZER?  I HAVE A SIDE BY SIDE 25 CF.  TALKING WITH MY FRIEND FROM LONG ISLAND WHO IS ON LDL, DISCUESSED USING CASINTERS WITH SPOUT TOPS LIKE FOR CEREAL.  THEY ARE FROM TUBBER WEAR.......DO NOT KNOW IF THEY CAN BE FROZEN........

I WILL FIGURE OUT SOMETHING........AT LEAST NOW WITH THE VIA MIX I DO NOT HAVE TO CUT EVERTHING UP...........YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRISH   
              *love*