CHOCOLATE DIP CHERRIES

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
savannah

CHOCOLATE DIP CHERRIES

Post by savannah »

Our local grocery just got some beautiful, large deep red cherries in today...I bought a big bag....thought I'd have them for dinner....which i did but I discovered a dipping sauce/frosting (kinda)....that tasted delicious with them...I just dabbed a little bit on each top before eating.......oh so delicious & filling....the dip even looks like chocolate..tomorrow I will try it on sliced apples....bet it will be yummy too...enjoy *love*

CHOCOLATE LIKE DIPPING SAUCE

1 1/2 c. organic raisins
1/4 c. water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 stevia pkg (or sweeten to taste)
1 T. smart balance light margarine

PUT EVERYTHING IN YOUR FOOD PROCESSOR AND PROCESS SMOOTH....(it should look a little lumpy) takes about 3-4 minutes of processing....refrigerate until ready to use....
Gemini the Younger

Re: CHOCOLATE DIP CHERRIES

Post by Gemini the Younger »

I know it's not polite to talk with my mouth full, but these are delicious...and I just couldn't wait til I'd finished eating to tell you.

Another winner, Savannah, to add to your Strawberry Lemonade, and Blueberry Pudding.

Thanks!

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ritarh

Post by Ritarh »

HI Savannah,
Thanks for the chocolate recipe.  I can't wait to try this out.  I just think it is so wonderful that everyone shares these new recipes so we can stay on this eating plan.  I have tried so many different things in the past 2 weeks that I would have never thought of doing.  The popcorn pancakes are my very favorite at the moment, who would have thought that would taste good!!!! 

Have a wonderful day everyone!  Rita
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey Gem;
Did you maybe mean Hot Blueberry Pie? Instead of pudding?

RT;
If she just mis-named it, then here is the link: http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5777.0

[However, if there is a blueberry pudding recipe on here somewhere, then I've missed it and am talking out of turn.... I don't know.]
NJ
Gemini the Younger

EnJae wrote:Hey Gem;
Did you maybe mean Hot Blueberry Pie? Instead of pudding?

RT;
If she just mis-named it, then here is the link: http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5777.0

[However, if there is a blueberry pudding recipe on here somewhere, then I've missed it and am talking out of turn.... I don't know.]
NJ

Thanks for keeping me honest, NJ!  Yep!  It's Hot Blueberry Pie...I knew that.  But see, my mind was way down the track, and I took off on one of those side spurs.  Earlier I was experimenting with making a piecrust for Savannah's Blueberry Pie, cause to me, without crust, it's pudding, and blueberry pudding was what I wanted to put in my piecrust.  Now, about that crust!  I drained a can of baby butter beans because they seem to have a milder flavor to me than their big brothers and sisters.  I put them in the blender with some cinnamon and Stevia and a couple teaspoons of ICBINB, and gave it a few quick pulses.  Next I took the mixture, which was the consistency of pie dough, put it between two pieces of plastic wrap sprayed with PAM, and rolled it out into about a 10" circle.  Then I peeled off one layer of plastic wrap and eased the whole thing into a pyrex pie plate, and baked it at 400 degrees, watching closely, til it was browned.  It didn't shrink too much, and I was letting it cool, and thinking about the blueberry pudding for my pie filling and, well...sorry I confused everyone!  Those Newbies...  Still got some tweaking to do on the crust...but I'm lovin' it just like it is.

Love from old Puddin' Head
GEM
Last edited by Gemini the Younger on June 12th, 2009, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
savannah

Post by savannah »

The recipe for Hot Blueberry Pie is under Breakfast link....its yummy!

Roger, your right about the stevia, glad you brought this to my attention. :rolleyes:......I use 6 pkg but they are very tiny 1 inch square pkg with just a pinch of pure stevia in them....if someone were to use 6 pkg of splenda...it would be "horribly sweet".....so I'll correct the recipe...just sweeten the raisins enough because sometimes the cherries aren't very sweet...guess, according to each individual's tastes...

The stevia that I purchase from on the internet is pure stevia and doesn't have any fillers ....just stevia in the pkg...its called SIMPLY STEVIA by the STEVIT CO....1-800-337-5561
Gemini the Younger

Just a quick note--don't pass out everybody.  On rare occassions I do post notes instead of novels.

I tried something different with Savannah's chocolate, and liked it enough to share the idea for further tweaking from you real cooks on the boards.

I used it to make popcorn balls and they were crunchy/yummy.  I just made the raisin sauce a little thicker, poured it over about 6-8 cups of popcorn, sprayed my clean hands with PAM, then rolled the mixture into balls.  I tried rolling several of the formed balls in dried fruit bits and chopped soy nuts, but got worried that I might be going a little out of LDL's bounds.  (But I didn't start "worrying" until after I'd eaten one!)  I wrapped them in plastic wrap, just like regular popcorn balls, and stored them in a tin in the pantry.  I think they would have kept for a while, but the kids discovered them.  The good news about that is if the kids will sneak and snitch them, they must be good--the popcorn balls, not the kids!  *evil*

(And yes, this is a "quick note" for me... :cool:)

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hey Gem,

Would you post the popcorn ball recipe on the recipe board too?  It sounds really good and if we don't try it soon I will definitely go looking for it in the fall....popcorn ball season :thumbsup:

Blessings and Thanks,
Julie
Gemini the Younger

LovinLDL wrote:Hey Gem,

Would you post the popcorn ball recipe on the recipe board too?  It sounds really good and if we don't try it soon I will definitely go looking for it in the fall....popcorn ball season :thumbsup:

Blessings and Thanks,
Julie

I'll do it, Julie...

I'm an "eyeballer" cook, so sometime this week I'll make up another batch and keep track of the actual measurements.  And may I add how flattered I am that you asked me to officially post?  The last time someone asked me for a recipe, all I could say was, "Go to the frozen foods aisle of your closest megamart.  In the Stouffer's section, pull out the box marked..."  :blush:

GEM...Booked on the

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

O Gem, you've made me laugh again, I can't help it, you just plain cheer me up. :D :laughing:
Gemini the Younger

mom wrote:O Gem, you've made me laugh again, I can't help it, you just plain cheer me up. :D :laughing:

Thank you for blessing me with your laughter, Mom.  I really do believe it's the best medicine.

Love,
Linda