Kettle Corn

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
Clarice
New, but learning

Kettle Corn

Post by Clarice »

Hi I am new to the community.  I wasn't much of a popcorn eater until now since I am more of a sweets person rather than a salt lover.  I love kettle  corn so this is my version.

I use the 94% fat free Orville's.  I dump it in a bowl and spray with the Olive Oil Pam.  Then I take a packet of Splenda and sprinkle over the corn to coat it well.  It tastes great.  I did this last night, but I also added cinnamon.  It tasted like cinnamon toast.    Hope you all enjoy this as much as I do.
GEM
Master Member

Re: Kettle Corn

Post by GEM »

Thanks, Clarice, and welcome...

We love new members who bring us food!

Kettle Corn!  It's not just for breakfast, anymore!

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
Barbieb
New, but learning

Post by Barbieb »

I'm a newbie too and I love popcorn.  Your idea for kettlecorn sounds great.  I will try it tonight

thanks,Barbieb
*woot*
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Great idea to add other flavors...cinnamon sounds great!  Someone here uses a little SF jello powder for a sweet fruity version. 

Just FYI, all the 94% fat free microwave kettle corns I've seen, including Orville's, Act II, just about anything you'll find in a grocery store, are sweetened with Sucralose (same as Splenda.)  So they've already done it for you! :)  Having the regular kind on hand, of course, lets you flavor it any way you want, but if you're in a hurry, the O.R. kettle corn is pretty good stuff!

Just read the labels.  The only microwave kettle corn I found that has regular sugar in it was NOT a 94% fat free, so you wouldn't likely be picking it up anyway.

O.R. makes a really yummy lime and salt popcorn, but it's a higher fat one.  I'm going to try to duplicate that one with True Lime. mmmmmmmm

Last night's treat was popcorn with curry powder.  Haven't decided what I'll do tonight.