Grandpa's Peach Cobbler

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
LovinLDL

Grandpa's Peach Cobbler

Post by LovinLDL »

Forgive me if someone's posted this already...I don't seem to have a search on the mobile LDL version but thought this was worth thumbing in.  It is really a variation of Savanah's blueberry pie recipe but tastes so much like the yummy cobbler my great grandpa used to make that I'm naming after him (hope you don't mind Savanah)....BTW my grandfather lived to be 92 and I have fond memories of dancing with him at my wedding.

4 ripe bananas
2 lb frozen peaches
Tbsp cinnamon

Place the bananas into a casserole dish and mash well with fork.  Mix in frozen peaches then sprinkle cinnamon on top...into the oven at 400 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and most of the liquid is dissolved.....serve warm...feeds my crew of eight a light breakfast or sweet treat.
Last edited by LovinLDL on June 29th, 2009, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heretotheend

Re: Grandpa's Peach Cobbler

Post by heretotheend »

I have not tried any of the pies but I think this may be the one!!!!!
savannah

Post by savannah »

Thanks LovinLDL....and its so  nice that we can use each others recipes...improvise and come up with other great ones.....I adore cobblers....and this sounds wonderful....thank you for sharing....still on vacation but will, for sure, try this when I get home...sounds  delicious! *love*
vleller

Post by vleller »

Hey there,  I raved about your peach cobbler on another thread and then thought I should rave with you too - it's delicious!!  I fixed it for b'fast yesterday and got full so saved the rest for dinner last night.  It was so yummy!  Thanks LovinLDL

Lynn
Lynn
sval59

Post by sval59 »

This sounds wonderful.  I'm going to try for the holiday weekend!  Thanks for posting.

Cheryl
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

This is YUMMY  :D !  When I heard about the Blueberry Pie, I thought, I don't really care for blueberries but love peaches.  I make mine in a big bowl in the microwave with frozen peaches, fresh ripe bananas and lots of cinnamon & Splenda. 

Ginny
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

This sounds like a winner!  I had a grandma who lived to be 98 and I have fond memories of her home-made breads, fruit pies, donuts, canned fruits, pickles, and homemade jams. She also had a terrific sense of humor!  I miss her still to this day.
catdog530

Post by catdog530 »

Well, I will be trying Grandpa's Peach Cobbler for sure!  Thanks for posting!
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

I added a can of drained and mashed butter beans, and then put it in the freezer (glass pan lined with wax paper.)

We ate it frozen, but it freezes very firm - you'll have to defrost it slightly before eating.

It was really good!!!
savannah

Post by savannah »

Made this yesterday for breakfast....saved half to breakfast today....so yummy....loved the way it kind of carmelized on top and got a little crunchy on top....great recipe...thanks for sharing... *love*
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

I seem to be having trouble finding the blueberry pie everyone is talking about.... help.. I'm new to this and really love blueberries! I have some fresh Georgia peaches and I'm about to try the peach cobbler... thanks!
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

This may be what you are looking for.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5777.0