Pineapple Upside Down

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Pineapple Upside Down

Post by Ginny M. »

If you like Pineapple Upside Down Cake, you will love this.  It's similar the the Blueberry Pie and Peach Cobbler.

1-2 ripe bananas
        1/2 can pineapple chunks (in its own juice, of course) DRAINED WELL
        Lots of Cinnamon (no Splenda needed)

Just added 1/2 can of white beans, mashed, this morning and cooked it way down, no liquid.  This made it taste more like "cake" with the beans.        

Microwave until the liquid is gone.  When it cools, close your eyes & you will think you are eating the best part of Pineapple Upside Down Cake (which is the pineapple and goo but not the cake).  ENJOY!! :D

Ginny

Last edited by Ginny M. on July 14th, 2009, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isthis4me

Re: Pineapple Upside Down

Post by isthis4me »

one of my fav's thanks, will hafta try this next week  :thumbsup: :drool:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Ginny I just asked what this was on your post about boy scout camp. I will have to make some of this today. I made some Sunday with  peaches and it was wonderful and I am sure that this will be also.

Martha
ascheer
New, but learning

Post by ascheer »

This sound scrumptious! I love the others, can't wait to try this!! :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wa7rghp/]
[/url]
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

I love pineapple ANYTHING!  this has got to be good! :thumbsup:
ImageImage
sval59

Post by sval59 »

I can't wait to try this one, but I'm hooked on the blueberry pie now.  I made a big casserole dish full on Sunday just so I can have the blueberry pie as my dinner this week.  It is such a comfort food.  I love pineapples so I know this one may become my new favorite.

Cheryl
starlight0917
New, but learning

Post by starlight0917 »

Oooo, I can't wait to try this!  Thanks for posting.
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

This morning, I added 1/2 can of white beans, mashed.  Mixed it all together.  And after it cooked down, the beans made it taste more "cake-like". 

My husband's favorite is Pineapple Upside Down Cake.  I'll make it for him tomorrow with the beans.  He likes it without but I'm trying to "sneak" in more beans.

Let me know how you like it.  Cook it at least 5 minutes, maybe even up to 10 depending on your microwave.

Ginny
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

Thanks Ginny. Funny enough, I tried this last week, without the beans! It was wonderful, so I'll have to try it with the beans too!
konnorsmom

Post by konnorsmom »

Can't wait to get home from work and try this yummy treat.  Thanks
[/url]
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

I was making this with pineapple chunks and tried it one day when I didn't have chunks but did have crushed.  I drained the crushed pineapple very well and it did not take as long to cook down and had a lot less juice.  It was still good.  :D

Ginny
southern lady
New, but learning

Post by southern lady »

I have been reading lately that microwaving anything destroys the enzymes in our foods and vitamins...Does anyone have any input on this, as I would love to use the microwave to make these delicious sounding recipes, but hesitate to microwave them...I just received my "Let's Do Lunch" book and recipe cards today and can't wait to read it...I started the way of eating this past Monday by just reading the message boards and have already lost about 3 lbs and can truthfully say I am not hungry at all and have no sugar cravings... :) I love the white beans in anything...I was raised on beans, rice and tomatoes (and was always skinny)  :D until I started having children ...need to lose about 25 lbs...  Praise the Good Lord and thanks to Roger Troy for his faithfulness in sharing this concept with us....Love all the wonderful bloggers on here and the way they help each other...Blessings to each and everyone of you...Helen from Florida
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Helen, I don't cook in a microwave, I just use them to heat, defrost, or warm up something....The only thing I cook in them is the POPCORN!!!!!.  I have tried cooking meat and vegetables in them but I do not like the taste.  So I will stick to the old fashion way and cook on the stove or Crockpots.  And Welcome to LDL, the most wonderful way of eating I have ever found.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

I tried the pineapple upside down a few days ago and it tasted great.
Debbie B
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

SweetRose,  I don't know about adding the pineapple juice.  There is usually so much juice from the pineapple even after it is drained.  Roger Troy also cautions on the use of "Juices" instead of the actual fruit (no fiber/pulp in the juice).  I also would think that the pineapple is sweet enough (it is for me) and I have absolutely no idea about the vanilla.

*hug*
Ginny
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it! :-)
nanlaw
New, but learning

Post by nanlaw »

Yummyyyyyyyy
Hair Guru
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Ginny M. wrote:SweetRose,  I don't know about adding the pineapple juice.  There is usually so much juice from the pineapple even after it is drained.  Roger Troy also cautions on the use of "Juices" instead of the actual fruit (no fiber/pulp in the juice).  I also would think that the pineapple is sweet enough (it is for me) and I have absolutely no idea about the vanilla.

Good point, Ginny.  Juice from pineapple canned with NO ADDED SUGAR would be okay in small quantities as needed to thin the pureed beans.  Like all juices, I wouldn't make a habit of drinking it or adding it in large quantities to foods.

About vanilla, you need to read the ingredients on the package.  They frequently sneak sugars into extracts and flavorings, so be sure you buy one without.

Having said all that, I just pulled down my bottle of "PURE" VANILLA EXTRACT".  INGREDIENTS:  Vanilla bean 'extractives' in water, alcohol (35%) and CORN SYRUP.  Too late to return it.  I'll have to give it away.  Bummer.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi,    I've been making this treat for breakfast for a while now. I added a slice of lemon to it cause I did not like my brown bananas. I made the recipe this morning using strawberries. It is ok but not too flavourful. I will eat it anyway.  Ive been wanting to make it with blueberries but waiting for a sale. Has anyone tried oranges? Or other fruit?    
                                               Judie