GINGERBREAD BROWNIES.....

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: GINGERBREAD BROWNIES.....

Post by Deborah D. »

Kathie I think dry beans will be a whole lot cheaper.  I got 6 cans of Bush's Pinto Beans last month .98 cents a can that $5.88, went to Sam's club yesterday and got the 10 pound bag for less then $6.00 dollars, and if you have a lot to cook for they also have a 50 pound bag for about $22.00 (happy cooking  :D ).  And when you cook them yourself you KNOW what's in them.  Sam's Club is also cheaper on there Frozen fruits, fresh fruit and their meats then Wal-Mart, and I get all my frozen fruit there and some of the fresh fruit.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Deborah wrote: went to Sam's club yesterday and got the 10 pound bag for less then $6.00 dollars, and if you have a lot to cook for they also have a 50 pound bag for about $22.00 (happy cooking  :D ). 

WOW.....10 and 50 pound bags of BEANS????....yipee...not here in new york, though :'(...............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Niki have you heard that old saying "Every things bigger in TEXAS".  Well if you every get to Texas be sure to go to Sam's Club and stock up on the 10 pound or 50 pound bags of pinto beans.  That would last for a little while.  I sure wish they had all the other dry beans in 10 or 50 pound bulk.  Well I guess us Texans can't have every thing.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks for telling us about the ten# bag.  My mom used to buy 25# of flour, 25# of sugar, and 25# pinto beans.  Meal came in 10# bags.  She kept them in large  lard cans.  She didn't go to the store much.  She raised most other foods, and canned them.  I enjoy cooking my own beans. Cans are good if in a hurry.  I always keep some on hand.  When doing Texas Caviar and some other recipes, I use canned beans..  Joyful Friend
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

JF your welcome, glad to help, but I sure wish I could find all the other beans in 10 lbs or 50 lbs bags, it would sure save some money.  I can't believe I have never cooked dried beans until LDL, but I love them, I always had my sister o2bthin to cook them for me.. :rose:  But now I have to cook them myself... :sick:.  Does any one know a place in Fort Worth/Burleson area where you can buy stuff in bulk?

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

golordgo

Post by golordgo »

Hi Savannah, this recipe sounds so good but I don't a clue what evoo is ?
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

EVOO ----- Extra Virgin Olive Oil..    ;D

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

marysimmons wrote:
Kathie wrote: :'( Thanks for the reply Mary.. I don't think I can control those gingerbread brownies right now.. I would eat them all.. perhaps I should wait for a couple more weeks on this plan?  They do sound so yummy tho.. sigh.  I will look for something else that will satisfy..
Kathie K in fl

The best thing you can do, Kathie, is to follow Roger's advice as outlined in the book.  You'll notice that there are no "bakery type" items mentioned when he talks about what to do to satisfy your sweet tooth.  He recommends over and over again that you need to eat all of the sweet fruit that you can get your hands on in order to satisfy your sweet tooth and satiate your cravings for sweets.  I worry a lot about people having problems when they try to change the basic way of eating on Let's Do Lunch. One of our members Sahara has recently come back to us after taking a big old detour on the "homemade bakery items" road that led her astray. Let's look at it this way.  I've been on Let's Do Lunch for six years.  I'm saying that maybe this year for my birthday I'll have these brownies, and I've never had them before in the past six years.  That's what I mean by "occasional" eating.  

Little Mary

golordgo,

I don't know how far back your reading went on this topic, but because you are a Newbie I thought I would chime in with Mary's helpful tip about eating this LDL treat.  I made them for the first time four months into LDL and found that I really enjoy eating fruit more.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I just made these brownies,, not sure what I did wrong, but mine are not sweet at all  :pouty:
I followed the recipe exactly... they have a great texture,, but very bland...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Just a thought.  If you cook with Nutrasweet (aspartame) it is destroyed by heat and no longer tastes sweet.  It is also an unhealthy choice.  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

On another board I read that it was OK to eat these in quanity at dinner If so , aren't the eggs in the recipe limited to only certain times?

THESE SOUND SO GOOD!

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on February 3rd, 2010, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, SweetRose, I think people realized that this recipe should be eaten occasionally as a treat, but not so often.  Read the post by Vickilynn a couple of posts up from this one.  It'll have a quote from Mary Simmons about it.  This is a bit processed, if you think about it.  Processed is not a good thing.  Food as close to how God made it is always a good way to go.  He has lots of sweet treats available.  :thumbsup:  The pineapple I had this morning was so delicious.
Last edited by crickadoodle on February 3rd, 2010, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Crick!

That saves me from pigging out on the gingerbread brownies! ;D

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am going to make these next week, in preparation for Thanksgiving, I am trying out different foods. I know this is an old recipe, so it will go to the top now. I will definitely put ginger in them as well as cinnamon. I will tell you how I liked them.