GINGERBREAD BROWNIES.....

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
savannah

GINGERBREAD BROWNIES.....

Post by savannah »

I made these a couple days ago...and have happily "gobbled" them up already.....good for a dessert or snack or with soup.....hope you like the recipe...very easy to make....

GINGERBREAD BROWNIES

3 eggs
1 T. evoo
3/4 c. kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 heaping T. cinnamon
1 t. soda
1/2 t. baking powder
dash sea salt
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 t. stevia powder
1 cup canned pumpkin (I opened a big can & froze the rest in 1 c. container for use later)

Preheat oven 350.....Pam an 11x7 glass dish...

In food Processor:  Blend everything until smooth

BAKE 35 MINUTES....reduce heat to 200 & baked 1 hour 25 minutes...the top should be dry...the inside fudgy...
cut in brownie size squares and enjoy....
NOTE:  I live in high altitude (over 5000 ft) which takes longer to bake things....lower altitudes check after 1 hour and 10 minutes.....

OPTIONAL TOPPING:  (but delicious)....Blend Smart Balance Light Margarine with Stevia to sweeten...frost the tops as you eat them....yummy.........
Last edited by savannah on July 23rd, 2009, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isthis4me

Re: GINGERBREAD BROWNIES.....

Post by isthis4me »

:drool: omg Savannah, I love you  :inlove:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

This is going on my to do list...............
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Wherever did you find this amazing recipe!  Can't wait to try it!
yoyodieter

Post by yoyodieter »

Hello Savannah
Those gingerbread brownies are absolutely delicious. The texture was perfect- chewy/crunchy on the sides and top and  oooooo... sooooo. fudgy in the middle. I added some Nutmeg, cloves and  orange zest and scraped in a vanilla pod.
These will be a staple in our house. I ate once square and was full- craving to snack was gone!!!
Thanks savannah- keep em comin!
Giesela
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

What a brilliant inspiration Savannah!  These are going to replace the spice cake mixed with a can of pumpkin recipe that my daughter gave me.  I always made it for Thanksgiving.  It's good topped with a tiny dab of ff Cool Whip. 

Thanks for sharing!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Fatwitch

Post by Fatwitch »

:kiss:
Wow...this sounds awesome.  Wishing I had some right now.  I can't wait to try this!
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Fatwitch,

I see you are a Newbie.  Welcome to LDL and to all the great recipes that you'll find to help you along your way to Skinneytown! 

I love your comment under your screen name "Laugh every day & you'll have more days to laugh!"  It has been proven that he who laughs every day lives longer.  You'll get a lot of laughs from the LDL members because they all have a great sense of humor, in addition to great advice.  Hope you enjoy your time on the boards!

VickiLynn
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Ok I don't have a food processor...do you think I could try these in the blender or perhaps a hand mixer? I think the food processor needs to go on my santa list LOL

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts!
~Jaz  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Jaz, I have a Proctor Silex emulsion/stick blender I got at Target for around $30 and use it for everything, hot and cold, even solidly frozen fruit or ice cubes, as long as there's a little liquid to get it going.  I like that it gives you much more control than a traditional blender and you can see what you're doing.  The eggs in this recipe would provide enough liquid that I wouldn't hesitate to use it here, but I would wait until the last minute to put in the baking powder after all the beans are pureed.  When I use fresh double-acting baking powder in my Beanana Muffins, they can grow out over the top of the bowl if I'm not careful!   :laughing:

Sometimes I miss the ability of a big food processor to slice or grate large quantities of cabbage, carrots, onions & peppers, but with my Santuko knife, a little mandolin & an old fashioned box grater it all works out just fine.  If Santa brings me a kitchen appliance I hope it is a meat grinder/sausage stuffer attachment so I can get SOME use out of my Kitchen Aid mixer!   :laughing:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
honeyg
New, but learning

Post by honeyg »

This sounds delicious...but i have one question when you say 1 t. of soda...do you mean baking soda?
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Savannah,

These sound so yummy!  Thanks so much for your creativity.

Now I wonder, do you have any cookie recipes up your sleeves?  Any way to make these the consistency of a cookie. I would love to have some crunch!

Julie :rose:
honeyg
New, but learning

Post by honeyg »

Hi

can anyone tell me since I'm not a baker if the 1 T of soda....is refering to baking soda.....thanks??
laurawhite1026
New, but learning

Post by laurawhite1026 »

:D  OMG this sounds awesome....I love this time of year and I am glad to have something sweet...thank you !!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Laura- Where have you been?  I've missed you.  You are closing into 1/2 way to your goal.  Great job.  Pam
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

honeyg;
It looks like no one jhas responded to your questions. 
Yes, 1 t soda would be 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
NJ
honeyg
New, but learning

Post by honeyg »

Thanks for the answer....can't wait to try these
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

Oh THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Birthday is in 2 days... and I've been trying to figure out something special I could make in place of having a sugary cake... I LOVE pumpkin and this recipe is like receiving a birthday gift! So SO SOOO Happy! :drool: *love* :D ;D :tongue:
Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

savannah

Post by savannah »

Hi Honey G.....I haven't been posting in a while and just saw your post about the soda...YES...it does mean baking soda...sorry, I didn't see this sooner... *love*
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Savannah, just curious.  Why isn't there any ginger in it, since it is gingerbread??  I'm sure you could put some with the cinnamon too.  I haven't tried these yet, but have read so many complimentary posts about them.  Thanks for being creative with this.