BUTTER BRICKLE ICE CREAM SHAKE

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
savannah

BUTTER BRICKLE ICE CREAM SHAKE

Post by savannah »

Went to a neighborhood ice cream social....and I brought this shake....asked to put it in the neighbors freezer until dessert was served....it was sooo sweet, creamy & delicious----- who needs ice cream? 

It does have skim milk in it....so best to not indulge all the time with this recipe...

VERY creamy & delicious.....hope you like it as much as I do...... *love*

In Blender or Smoothie Maker

2 chunked up large frozen organic bananas
6 dates
3-4 ice cubes
1/4 cup of dry skim milk powder
handful of green grapes
stevia to sweeten

Put in blender with enough ICE  water to make a really thick shake....the little bits of date look & taste like toffee chunks....Pour into a pretty glass with straw & spoon....enjoy!!
iwannalose2

Re: BUTTER BRICKLE ICE CREAM SHAKE

Post by iwannalose2 »

are we not allowed ANY kind of  milk on LDL?
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

savannah, I lurve your recipes always, arent we supposed to steer clear of dates? I wonder if another fruit can be subbed instead and the skim milk powder, does it have sugars in it? wonder if you can use ff evap skim milk or unsweet soy milk?
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
savannah

Post by savannah »

I read Roger's posts and he says dates are fine....as well as non fat milk....BUT once in a while...

I decided to splurge just because I wanted something very creamy, like ice cream...so I wouldn't be tempted when I went to the neighbors....Since it was just a get together of ALL desserts and sugary sweets...have to say the Butter Brickle Shake was so good I thought it was ice cream....
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Savannah,

Thanks for being so inventive and sharing all your wonderful recipes.  *hug* I haven't lost enough of this heavy weight I am carrying yet to try too many once in a while foods, but I am saving this for when I want to celebrate - maybe when I am firmly in onederland.  :thumbsup:

Mary, thanks for the link --- I learned about lychee nuts. I am going to see if I can find them. Maybe this will be a new fruit that will not cause a reaction. I have a prominent Asian community nearby so I would be surprised if I cannot find them.
And I have a question - I already looked in the book but cannot find anything. Are Chestnuts ok? And if not, why are water chestnuts ok? Just wondering.  I have so many food that are causing allergic reactions, that anything I can find new to eat would be helpful.

Thanks again to both of you!

Julie :rose: