corn thin additions YUMMY!

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
jansails
New, but learning

corn thin additions YUMMY!

Post by jansails »

Corn thin as base
spread homemade bean dip (hummus) as 1st layer
2nd layer spoon fresh, chopped, raw Cucumber salsa from Walmart produce section (or fresh homemade)

Corn thin as base
1st layer thin slice turkey, chicken, or roast beef
2nd layer spoon fresh raw black bean & corn Pico de gallo fresh chopped salsa (spicy) from Walmart produce section (or fresh homemade)

Corn thin as base
1st layer homemade LDL tuna or chicken salad
Add one of the above salsas

I've turned on my night shift coworkers at hospital to this treat, & THEY LOVE IT!

jansails
Janet M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzLgCH8/]
cameron
Master Member

Re: corn thin additions YUMMY!

Post by cameron »

I just spotted this post, and thought these were great ideas for us corn thin lovers.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I feel the same way JF. It was difficult to get the corn thins and I am not willing to share if others are going to eat non-LDL foods. They are expensive and I am on a tight income. My grandkids will say they want it and take a bite or 2 and throw it in the trash. I don't think that is being selfish. I share my smoothies because the fruit is cheap. However I give them smaller servings. Life is good.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

It's just a suggestion for those who use corn thins. Of course they make great fried egg sandwiches and hamburgers work very well using corn thins too. I prefer it a lettuce leaf!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I love corn thins too! They make the best BLT's. :ymapplause:
Lately I have been using the white bean, onion, and celery as my "mayo". I keep a mayo jar in the fridge at all times. It's fantasic on a BLT for breadfast, or at night for me, when I want (or need) a Dagwood Sandwich. I stack it high starting with the bean mayo, tomato, lettuce, onion, cucumbers, sliced zucchini and what ever looks good in the fridge :). I have to admit. The egg sandwich is one of my favorite too. Great with the chicken sausage!
Zesti
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Zesti, have you looked on the Real Foods website? They have some good ideas, of course not all of the recipes are LDL friendly, some are, or they can be easily adapted.

Your sandwiches sound really good, love the "mayo". I'll give it a try.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Cameron,
No I haven't, but I will now. I am pretty good at adapting things to meet LDL standards.
I NEVER would have even thought of beans though, had it not been for this web site. Now, my imagination goes wild!! =))
Having something to hold like bread and not having to do without my sandwiches in life, has really made this WOE successful for me.
Zesti
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Camron,
I can't find any web site under Real Foods. Is it under another name?
When I put realfoods or Real Foods.com. I just come up with a lot of diet sites and then not finding real foods anywhere :-\
Zesti
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Try this:http://www.cornthins.com/
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

thanks Linda!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Linda, After you suggested Cornthins.com is where I purchased my last case from them.
I got a really good deal. I am getting ready to order another case. I don't want to be without them!
Amazon sells them too. I will check out their prices, and see if there is a special. I always compare before ordering.
Zesti