THANKS TO YOU

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
cameron
Master Member

Re: THANKS TO YOU

Post by cameron »

Excellent post Linda , this is very true, and why I hate to see good people go missing!!! (hopefully they are on vacation, and not actually missing)
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Karen Weeks wrote:But my weight is not doing anything and I do the gym 4 days a week.  Maybe not enough at the gym but it is a hour I didn't do anywhere else  Karen

Karen... I think someone else on the boards told you about muscle weighing more than fat.  Are you losing inches?  Are you clothes getting less tight?  Many years ago I went to the gym 5 days a week for an hour each day.  I weighed 141 lbs and wore a size 6.  Now, I don't exercise (bad me) and weigh 132 lbs and am in a size 8 and sometimes a size 6.  So you can see that pounds lost is not always a good indicator of weight loss.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Karen,

Not sure why you say your weight is not doing anything. Yes, muscle does weigh more than fat so when you are weight training you will possibly see a shift but you may want to look up how much or how long you would need to be lifting to see that shift. What I do know, as Vicki mentioned, is that exercising does pull you in so that you can wear a smaller size at a higher weight when you exercise. The benefits of exercise are too numerous to mention here but I am a great advocate and doctors now believe that an overweight person who exercises could be in better health than a slimmer person who does not. So congratulations on your exercise program - that's terrific!  :thumbsup:

Since you have already had great success,  you already know what to do so just recheck yourself and make sure that some non LDL habits have snuck in. Some other things to try is to eat more often and smaller meals. Drink more water. Get more sleep. Find some activity to de- stress if you need to. Be patient. It will start coming off again. How long have you been stuck?

Julie :rose:
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Julie,  Thanks for all the good info.  I have ben back on LDL fo r2 weeks  get plenty of sleep.  Not eating ad other than today after work at church I came home and  had a big bowl of cereal  sure did taste good now I feel awful  No my clothes are not feeling any loser yet.  Just guess I need to be thankful I haven't gained any.  I just need to do better, although I hasve not gotten into sweets, which is my very big weakness.  I won't give up.  It is too easy to eat this way and it does work.  Just guess I am impatient hugs Karen
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Step away from the cereal!  :laughing:  You probably won;t get the results you want if you eat that stuff. And not sure if there is sugar in that as well so you may be giving yourself a double whammy. Just stick with all LDL foods and you can't go wrong.

Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Julie  Thanks  I just weighes myselfand I am up 3 Pouns.  I haven't really done anythign bad but the cereal.  Could it be the cereal alone or not eating enoug beans?  I see what you all eat and I would starve and I know I can eat all I want the right way and I am doing that but somthing is not working this time around  Any suggestions  Thank Karen
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I think it's not how much you eat it's which foods you eat. I still eat LOTS and I am loosing.
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Thanks Roger, Tomorrow is a new day and I will start fresh. I snuck a bowl of cereal yesterday (Shame on me) and I knew it when I did it.  Also when and only when I eat the blueberry and banana cobbler I put sugar free cool whip in it and I refuse to do that anymore..I love eating this way and I am determined to do it the right way.  Karen
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Karen,  *hug*

Don't fret about the scales - that upswing could be due to a number of things.  :wrong:

So just do LDL like a newbie. Don;t worry about counting calories and limiting yourself - just eat - but only LDL foods. K? Eventually your appetite will lessen. It takes time, but in the meantime, you will be eating really healthy food and your body will respond!  :thumbsup:

Make sure you are drinking enough water. I find that helps me stay on track. Sometimes thirst will disguise itself as hunger.  Also as you are burning fat, the water will wash it away.

Stay on track and let us know how you are doing. I am sure we will be reading about your great success real soon.

Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

ThANKS jULIE.  i HAVE REALLY DONE GOOD TODAY  pUMPKIN SMOOTHIE FOR BREAK. LUNCH CHICKEN SALAD ON BED OF LETTUCE AND BLACKBERRIES  WOKE UP FROM A NAP AND HAD RASPBERRIES AND SOME REFRIED BEAN WITH CORN THINS.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Sounds like you are having a great day!  Each day will get easier now.  *hug*  Good for you!

tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Miss Donna. You are doing fantastic! Looking forward to those skinny clothes on your behalf.

If you want to avoid the chemicals and artificial sweeteners, but still want something sweet and fizzy as a "finisher" for your meals, I love to use club soda (or sparkling water, non-flavored), and pour it over ice with a squeeze of lemon or lime and a dash of stevia (or sometimes no sweetener at all). It's refreshing, and won't leave you thirsty like diet sodas can, and your body won't be looking for the calories it thinks is coming from the sweetener (which is why artificial sweeteners can actually cause trouble losing weight).

That said, I love my occasional Fresca!  :kissed: The key is to listen to your body. If something slows you down, or makes you crave forbidden foods, substitute something better in its place. What works for one may not work for another. We are all different -- but all on the same train to Skinny Town!

Enjoy the journey!
Terri
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Terri- You are within sight of the half-way mark.  Good for you!  Pam