THANKS TO YOU

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
Karen Weeks

THANKS TO YOU

Post by Karen Weeks »

THANKS TO ALL WHO WROTE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.  I LET MY SISTER READ ABOUT ALL YOU SAID AND I THINK THAT SHE GOT EXCITED, SO MUCH SHE ORDERED THE BOOK AND RECIPE CARDS. WE WERE GOING TO BORROW BUT NOW WE WILL HAVE OUR OWN.  CAN'T WAIT TO REALLY READ IT AND GET STARTED THE RIGHT WAY.  I DID SHOPE TODAY AND MADE THE BEAN SOUP AND KNOW I AM GOING TO LOVE IT. QUESTION, SEEN WHERE SOMEONE HAD NOT HAD COFFEE FOR 2 MONTHS.  IS THATA NO NO?  HOW ABOUT DIET SODA?  I PERSONALLY LOVE WATER BUT THIS IS A SISTER THING.  THANKS FOR ANY INFO
bludaffodil

Re: THANKS TO YOU

Post by bludaffodil »

I drink coffee everyday.

It's your choice, I think.......just watch
what you put in it......that's where the "problems"
occur.  (I drink mine black so I drink as much
as I want.)  ;)

Kathy
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Karen,

Coffee is fine --- it is what you add that could cause issues. Stevia is usual for most of us but just read through the book to see what is acceptable. I used to use SF non dairy creamer and that is definitely a no no - way too many chemicals that are not good for us - so now I have it black with Stevia and sometimes a sprinkle fo cinnamon. It did take some getting used to. I can only do it with a flavored coffee.

As for diet soda... it is allowed but understand that it may keep your cravings with you. It does for me. If you can do without - it would be better for you esp in the beginning. Then if you have one after a few months you will be able to tell if it has an adverse effect on your system. This is a plan where you have to follow the guidelines and listen to your body and your body will definitely speak to you!

Hope to hear great progress soon.

Julie :rose:
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

I also drink my coffee black, and  I had it everyday, but after a few weeks I didn't want it daily, so now just when I do.  I drink diet rite. love the white grape one, it hasn't hurt me.  I just know that bobbie will love it when she gives it her all.  Just remember to EAT AND EAT, when ever you are hungery.  And have a large lunch.  Don't count size or anything. 
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

I used to drink a 32 ouce diet soda daily, now only drink it rarely and usually only when I'm out and about.  At home I drink water.
Debbie B
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I haven't been able to give up coffee yet! ....I'm not the best example though as I have lost weight slower (but probably not because of coffee). ...but I have still lost and so thankful!  :rose:
My understanding is that coffee can raise your blood sugar which isn't good for weight loss? I think I've said that correctly!  ;)

I justify my drinking coffee by drinking organic (less chemicals) and using organic skim milk and my natural vanilla flavoured Stevia..... but then I can be too particular....too detailed!  :D
Last edited by Bethann on April 6th, 2010, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I drink Folgers French Vanilla coffee most every morning, 1 to 2 large cups.  It is not sweet just coffee tasting with a touch of vanilla.  I make it with a scoop of reg. coffee and then add a scoop and 1/2 of vanilla coffee.  I never have liked sweet coffee or cream in my coffee but I do like the vanilla flavor.  When I buy it again I will have to look at the container and see how they add the flavor but it has not slowed my weight loss at all.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I'm finding it hard to give up my diet soda .Is that likely to stop my weight loss?
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI MissDonna,

Roger, of course, always has the perfect words of wisdom for each of us.  ;)

I would add one thing as a fellow diet soda lover. I find if I have one can - I'm OK with that. If I have more than that, it starts to kick up the cravings for me.  It is most likely the artificial sweetener, the artificial coloring and the caffeine all doing a job on my system. I also found that I lost some inches around my waist when I stopped drinking it. SO I would say - just pay attention to how you feel when you drink it.

I know you will do great and we will hear about your wonderful success real soon!  :thumbsup:. LDL is an amazing plan.

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

The longer you stick with LDL I think the more the soda cravings disappear.  I used to drink diet DPs and I have no taste for them at all now.

Blessings,
Julie
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I think diet soda has become my finisher. When I ate previously my finisher was dessert or candy . I feel diet soda is an improvement.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

That is an improvement Miss Donna,
but someday you will finish with fresh fruit or maybe hot spiced tea in the winter. Do what you have to for now by making better choices. You are making better choices. And you know it if you don't.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I couldn't do it with out you and the rest of my LDL friends. *love*
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I believe these LDL boards are as important as the plan itself. There is a study out there proving that nicotine patches are not very effective UNLESS there is a support group or counselling to go along with it.

Getting off processed foods and changing your whole eating behavior is also a habit (addiction) that is as hard to break. This support group keeps us focused.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Sometimes I'm surprised to find that something I really already should have known doesn't come to mind until somebody else says it.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Donna,

I agree with Linda, participation on the boards and the community  *hug*  we find here is a great part of success--- on any plan. You will find that the longer you are on LDL, the more your body will speak to you. You are making the least fattening choice at the time, as Roger always suggests. SO you are doing GREAT! :thumbsup:

Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Thanks Julie ! :D
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Thanks to Roger for the words od wisdom, I am not a soda drinker, just occasionally.  But my weight is not doing anything and I do the gym 4 days a week.  Maybe not enough at the gym but it is a hour I didn't do anywhere else  Karen