PUT SOME ZING IN THAT SMOOTHIE

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
JEM

PUT SOME ZING IN THAT SMOOTHIE

Post by JEM »

I am an big fan of Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and just wanted to share with everyone how I incorporate it with LDL.  I drink a glass of water with 2 tsp of ACV first thing in the morning before I eat my bowl of fruits and drink it last thing at night before going to bed. 2 weeks ago, running late and didn't have enough time to down my drink and start on my bowl of fruits, I decided to combine them by adding 2 tsp of ACV and make a fruit smoothie and I tell ya, it was an instant make over to my smoothie! It put a "zing" in it that woke me up real good. I've never used any type of sweetener when I make my smoothies, so it was quite a pleasant surprise to taste the super sweetness the ACV brought on to my smoothie.  I guess the ACV enhances the sweetness of the fruits.  It is now a permanent ingredient in my smoothies. I also splash it in my salads for extra flavor. I just wanted to share that with y'all, in case any of you do drink Organic Raw ACV and didn 't know you could add it into your smoothies. 
Never let 'em see you sweat!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: PUT SOME ZING IN THAT SMOOTHIE

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Jem.  I love it on/in salads, but never thought to try it in a smoothie.  I have also used it to jazz up soups that just "needed something."  Pam
JEM

Post by JEM »

Ms.Heirloom I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar.  It tastes so much better than the regular brands one normally finds in a grocery store (i.e. Heinz).  It is less pungent too!
Never let 'em see you sweat!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Good for you, Jem!  You found a great alternate way to incorporate ACV into LDL - Fabulous!

Julie :rose:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I love Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. I bet it does taste good....a sweet and sour smoothie...Well, almost  ;)

CQ
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Hi Y'all!
There had been some talk round-about these parts last year about ACV, you might want to check back on those messages. A few decades (and diets) ago I used to use Bragg's ACV quite often and found it pleasant and healthful, on salads, in water as a beverage pick-me-up, in recipes and so forth. So I decided to try it again after reading about it here on the LDL boards. Tried it again stirred into water and drank it. Tasted good!

Unfortunately, after just a few days of use I experienced stomach pain reminiscent of when I had an ulcer back in 1990. So I had to stop using the ACV....after a short while the pain subsided and has not come back. I'm no detective, but I had to figure the Bragg's ACV was the guilty culprit....so it had to go.  :sad:  I still like it in theory but I am soooooo over ACV!

southernyankee
southernyankee
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Some of the patients I've seen have had trouble with ACV...like the stomach pain.

Most of the them actually already had an ulcer and what they were feeling was the vinegar cauterizing the wound in the stomach....the others just couldn't tolerate it and had to be prescribed apples every day for their diet because of the potassium (that's usually why they prescribe the ACV in the first place).

CQ
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jem- I agree, Bragg's is the way to go!  Pam
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I usually add ACV to my smoothies and I enjoy it!  *love*
rodie

Post by rodie »

I'm just starting doing the 2 tsp in water as I heard that it can help with joint pain,not sure, but can't hurt,and my knees sure do,lol
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I saw the Braggs AVC in Kroger's yesterday. Didn't buy any, but I probably will the next time I go there.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
donnanet
New, but learning

Post by donnanet »

I'm going to try this one!!  sounds great!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I love the zing ACV puts in my Smoothies also! :-)