kettle corn

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
pmilburn

kettle corn

Post by pmilburn »

Can we eat the low fat kettle corn? 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxEjaUt/]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: kettle corn

Post by MsHeirloom »

No kettle corn low fat or not; it's made with sugar.  Make your own.  I add stevia and pumpkin pie spice to popped corn (microwave or popped from kernels).  It's quite good!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

It all goes back to reading labels. Most kettle corn is made with corn syrup. It will send you on a feeding frenzie. Try Pam's suggestion.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Once I ate some popcorn and raisins at the same time and it really gave me the taste of kettle corn.  Try it and see if it gives you the flavor you're looking for.
pmilburn

Post by pmilburn »

Thank you for the responses and I understand.  The more I thought about it the more I realized the logic, however, I was surprised when I looked at the nutrition facts on orville 94% ff popcorn there is very little difference between butter pc and kettle korn - carbs on butter is 24g and kettle corn is 25g.  It does have sucralose.. confusing though.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have made popcorn and then sprayed it with ICBINB and sprinkled sweetener and a little cinnamon on it.  It is very good
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Apparently they are making a "sugar-free" kettle corn. Sucralose is splenda. Although splenda is allowed there are lots of other reasons to get away from the microwave popcorn including all the other chemicals in the ingredients and in the bag itself. If doing without kettle corn is a deal killer for you, eat the least amount possible to satisfy until the cravings going away.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I don't use Splenda or any other artificial sweetener.  I do use stevia.  That said, this product probably could be used for an occasional snack, not much (or any) worse than plain microwave popcorn.  Like Linda, I was not aware that an artificially sweetened microwave kettle corn existed!  Is it good?  Pam
pmilburn

Post by pmilburn »

Yes it is good - only lightly sweetened and 110 calories in a mini-bag - I think half a mini bag would be plenty - I had some the other night with dried apricots and raisons - it was really good.  I haven't really noticed anyone talking about air popped pop corn but apparently that is what many ldl people do - I have a popper and will probably try that too - the other is just so handy.  Air popped corn only has about 10 less calories per ounce - it just seems to me that maybe they have somewhat gotten it right - the bag doesn't feel all gunky like regular popcorn bags.  I guess to an extent we all have to make choices :rolleyes: 
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have a micro wave bowl I use for making popcorn.  I makes wonderful tasting corn and then I put what ever I want to on it
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

we pop our own popcorn with an air popper pm...we spray it with icbinb spray and season with sea salt!  very yummy and we have it at least once a day!! it's cheaper than buying the OR 94% fat free and also better because you aren't "nuking" it!! =) haven't tried to sweeten it at all...

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
mcd28110

Post by mcd28110 »

Help!!! what is ICBINB ? IS it the answer for tastless popcorn? where do I find this rare seasonong???
rodie

Post by rodie »

I can't believe it's not butter

Rodie :)
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

There are all kinds of things we put on popcorn to make it have flavor.  The ICBINB spray works well or even spray olive oil on it.  We use himalyian salt or even parmesan cheese.  I also like the non sugar powder with cinnamon.  Others probably have other ideas to give your popcorn flavor