crannberry stuffed acorn squash

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
graceface66
Master Member

crannberry stuffed acorn squash

Post by graceface66 »

I came across this recipe and it sounded good........I have not tried it as I don't have ingredients right now

4 med acorn squash
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
1 med tat apple chopped
1 med orange peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (not LDL approved)
1/4 cup I can't believe it's not butter melted
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
pinch of salt

cut squash in half, discard seeds
bake squash cut side down in baking pan of water at 350 for 30 min

meanwhile combine craberries apple,orange,walnuts ,i can't believe its not butter, orange peel and sweetner if desired,

drain water from pan , turn squash cut side up.
sprinkle with salt
stuff with cranberry mi bake 25 min or until squash is tender

Enjoy!
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
southernyankee

Re: crannberry stuffed acorn squash

Post by southernyankee »

Thanks! This sounds delicious. I also don't have the squash on hand but I have the cranberries in the freezer. I've copied the recipe and will give it a try as it sounds just right for Fall and Winter.

southernyankee
southernyankee
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My husband just bought me 2 bags of cranberries I put in the fridge.  I have no idea how to care for them until I use them later.  Do they have to be frozen for them to stay any length of time?
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Cranberries can be kept in the refrigerator in a plastic bag or airtight container for 3 to 4 weeks. If they have been cooked with alcohol they will keep in an airtight container for a year. :shocked: I've often wondered what my uncle does will all those cooked cranberries. *evil*

They will keep in the freezer for 10 to 12 months if kept in a heavy-duty freezer bag or airtight container. :thumbsup:
Last edited by CodingQueen on November 7th, 2010, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for the info CQ. I have had a bag in the freezer for several years. Guess it is time to feed them to the chikens (if they will eat them)  ;D
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

thanks for the good information.  I will try to use them before they go bad in the fridge.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I edited the above information. It was suppose to be 10 to 12 months in the freezer. I need to start proof reading my postings.

CQ