Baby Carrots with Cranberries

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

1 pound baby carrots
1 cup cider
pinch of salt
1 cup fresh whole cranberries
1 tablespoon ICBINB
1-1/2 tablespoon splenda w/maple flavor or pure maple syrup

Put the carrots and cider into a medium, nonreactive skillet and bring to a boil. Add the salt, reduce the heat, and cook at a low boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the cranberries, butter, and sugar and cook several more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender but still slightly crispy and the remaining liquid in the pan is syrupy. (The total cooking time should be about 12 to 14 minutes--no longer, or the carrots will turn mushy.) Transfer to a serving bowl.
hopefull

Re: Baby Carrots with Cranberries

Post by hopefull »

Wendy, thanks for sharing this really looks interesting. Think I'll give it a try.
hugs and Happy Holidays,
Bobbi
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

What is ICBINB? Very much a newbie.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

It means I can't believe it's not butter.  I had to ask in the beginning also all the initials and what they meant
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

I wonder if someone familiar with all the texting initials for things has ever thought of posting some kind of page on this site with the most commonly used texting initials pertaining to the LDL group.  Every once in a while someone puts initials for things and I don't know for sure what they are until I try to google it.  It probably would be a big help to quite a few people, if anyone that is well versed in these initials would want to tackle it.  Jerrie  :)