Green bean fries

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
Clarice
New, but learning

Green bean fries

Post by Clarice »

We had burgers last night for dinner.  My husband who is not doing LDL wanted tater tots and I decided to make green bean fries.  I had made them in the past, but it had been some time.  I used half of the cookie sheet for his tater tots and half for my green beans baking them at the same temp which was 400 preheated oven.

So you can either use fresh or frozen whole green beans, I used frozen.  Spray them liberally with olive oil cooking spray or drizzle and toss with olive oil.  Sprinkle some salt and pepper.  I baked them for about 20 - 25 minutes since they were frozen and flipped them about halfway through the baking process.  Fresh green beans may not require baking as long.  If you go fresh just be sure to keep an eye on them.  They get brown and delicious.  They did not get crispy, but they did hit the spot.  I wish I would have made the whole bag instead of just half.  Next time I will definitely make more. 

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.  They were a wonderful side dish with my burger, but would be great with just about anything.  I might even make a plateful up right now because I am getting really hungry just thinking about them.

Enjoy!!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Green bean fries

Post by VickiLynn »

What a wonderful idea  :D .  Would also love this with a burger -- no greasy, French fried potatoes for me either.
knighte

Post by knighte »

That is a great idea. I will try this, next time we have burgers.

*update....we did have it for lunch today. Very Yummy. My oldest even preferred over plain green beans.  :)
Last edited by Anonymous on January 15th, 2011, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P
E
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Clarice, thanks for the idea.  Sounds delicious!!! :thumbsup:  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Clarice,
Asparagus Fries are equally as yummy.
So much food....so little ummm body???
These foods really don't ake as much time as most would think  :D
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Clarice
New, but learning

Post by Clarice »

Linda-

I will have to give those a try.  They sound equally delicious.  Thanks!