Cauliflower Rice

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
mtngirl

Cauliflower Rice

Post by mtngirl »

I don't have a food processor but I do have a Ninja (which I dearly love and use several times a day).  Can you make cauliflower rice in the Ninja? I wanted to ask before I bought cauliflower which I don't particularly like but I sure would like to make chicken stir fry over rice.  Wonder if the cauliflower would shred "rice-like"?  Has anyone tried that?

Thanks
Alisa
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Cauliflower Rice

Post by LINDA RN »

I know I have read some recipes that used cauliflower instead of rice.
I know the ninja will chop it up into nice sized rice-like pellets too.
Let us know how it turns out.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Roasted cauliflower is very good too. I break it up and use a bit of EVOO and some pepper, and roast at 450 for about 20 minutes.
Stir often.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

One thing i have never tried, that I remember, is roasted vegetables. I keep hearing how good they are, so that will be on my to-do list.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I enjoy making cauliflower fried rice, it is so good and all the family like it.  I process the cauliflower until like rice in the food processor. 
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

I will be trying this this week...on shopping list..for cauliflower potato salad and rice..Thanks
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

And don't forget to see my recipe for Spanish rice using cauliflower! Yum!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Roasted veggies are delicious.  I think Linda RN posted a roasted clauliflower picture.  I did it like the picture.  I sliced it in layers.  I sprayed it with EVOO, put Hymilian salt on it.  It browned so lovely.  On the platter, it looked like Queen Anne's Lace.  I don't do it that way all the time, only special times.  I usually roast carrots, parsnips, and clauliflower together.  Red, green, yellow peppers and mushrooms are great roasted.  I have to fix tons when my family comes or I wouldn't get any.  :laughing: They like them so much. I am going to fix it like rice--sounds great.  :thumbsup:  JF
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

Thanks SweetRose I think I will be trying spanish rice too..will let you know how I like it..sounds very good....