How often do you eat corn thins?

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
SweetRose
Master Member

How often do you eat corn thins?

Post by SweetRose »

Hi everyone,

Since I'm just starting back to LDL after being gone for a year I feel almost like a newbie! I'm rereading the red book that I had to hunt for all over again. It was buried under 10 thousand books in my library.  :shocked:

Anyway, I can't remember how many corn thins I would eat while losing (I've maintained a 24 pound weight loss through LDL) and am wondering how many you guys normally consume. I haven't eaten any between meal snacks in the time I was gone- snacks enhance my cravings and I'm really not hungry between meals- no, I didn't do LDL-didn't lose any more weight, either, but not snacking between meals and eating anything I wanted for lunch and dinner kept my weight stable. ( I have to lose 36 lbs. to goal and already one and half pounds are gone in my first two days- but I'm not weighing again for a month).  :angel:

The only time I noticed a slight weight gain is when I over-indulged in using coconut oil, but I dropped the extra pound or so the next day. So, I thought I would just eat corn thins at meals,not for snacks. Are 2 too many for each meal (Lunch and dinner)? I know, we all are different. Some may gain on that many, but I don't think I exceeded 3 or 4 a day on my first LDL round. I wouldn't be eating corn thins every day, I'm sure. :tongue:

Anyway, any thoughts/tips will be appreciated!

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on March 26th, 2012, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: How often do you eat corn thins?

Post by MsHeirloom »

I go days or even a week or so without them and then eat a few- actually today I ate 6!  Don't eat the entire pack on a binge.  That would certainly be counterproductive!  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I love corn this and have several of them for my morning snack at my desk every day.

On the weekends I make a fried egg sandwhich with them.  I am at goal, but I did the same thing while I was losing weight.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thx Cameron and Pam! I'm waiting for my shipment to come in. Boy, the cost sure went up from last year! I used to get them on Amazon for 29.99 plus 10.00 shipping to Alaska. This time when I was directed to PayPal to pay it was something like 84.00! :'( I went to another site and it was much less- still spendy, but worth it.

SweetRose
chewy

Post by chewy »

i eat them daily and several of them  along with all my vegan LDL foods:fruits,vegetables-raw,steamed,salads,legumes,air popped popcorn. i am at my goal weight thanks to eating this way. 5"3 and 103 pounds.i never found them to cause weight gain but actually loss.happy sunday to you!
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

My husband gripes about the cost as he's shoving them in his mouth!!  :tongue: We both eat them every day and we're still losing.
Shari

SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I'm so happy to hear this! *love* I have visions of making tostadas using corn thins as the "tortilla". BTW, speaking of tortillas, I went to a food site last night and saw this"recipe" for faux tortilla shells using cheese! I'm wondering if FF cheese could work. It said to put a mound of cheese on parchment paper (this was important, so the cheese wouldn't stick). Next, put it in the microwave until it almost, but not quite, burns, You can then peel it off the paper, lay it across  something tall and skinny that will give the cheese a taco shape. When you remove the "shell" you can fll it with taco filling and anything LDL you'd put in tacos. ( I'd leave out the shredded FF cheese, though).

Everyone said that it was so good- but greasy. Someone else said it might work better with lower fat cheese. I'm wondering, though, if FF cheese would melt enough to give it enough "bend" ?

I may try it soon to find out! ;D

Last edited by SweetRose on March 26th, 2012, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I enjoy cornthins.  Some days I don't have any, but then some days I eat several.  I love scrambled eggs with ff cheese on a corn thin. Well, I usually eat about 4.  It's a snack---about 10:30 AM.  I lost while eating them, and since goal, I do not gain.  :thumbsup:  JF
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

SweetRose wrote:I'm so happy to hear this! *love* I have visions of making tostadas using corn thins as the "tortilla". BTW, speaking of tortillas, I went to a food site last night and saw this"recipe" for faux tortilla shells using cheese! I'm wondering if FF cheese could work. It said to put a mound of cheese on parchment paper (this was important, so the cheese wouldn't stick). Next, put it in the microwave until it almost, but not quite, burns, You can then peel it off the paper, lay it across  something tall and skinny that will give the cheese a taco shape. When you remove the "shell" you can fll it with taco filling and anything LDL you'd put in tacos. ( I'd leave out the shredded FF cheese, though).

Everyone said that it was so good- but greasy. Someone else said it might work better with lower fat cheese. I'm wondering, though, if FF cheese would melt enough to give it enough "bend" ?

I may try it soon to find out! ;D

SweetRose, I used to make these when I ate low carb. They really are greasy. I never tried them with FF cheese, so I can't answer that for you. If you try it,  let us know how it works or not.  :)
Shari

SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thx Sharolyn, I will try that soon and let you know. :thumbsup:

Joyful Friend, I'm glad to hear this! You are an inspiration! :kissed:

SweetRose