Are carrots allowed in abundance?

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
SweetRose
Master Member

Are carrots allowed in abundance?

Post by SweetRose »

I would love to make a lean- as- possible beef roast with lots of carrots, turnips, onions. I haven't had a pile of cooked carrots in like forever and they really sound good to me right now. Has anyone's weight stalled from eating cooked carrots?

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Are carrots allowed in abundance?

Post by LINDA RN »

You should be able to eat cooked carrots in abundance.
The only caution I have ever heard (outside LDL) was eating alot of baby carrots raw by themselves.
The baby carrots have a higher natural sugar content and can bottom out you blood glucose making you feel hungrier.
Eating cooked carrots with the protein should be fine.
Then again everyone's body is different. You will just have to monitor yourself and see how it effects you.
But in general eating alot of carrots is a very healthy choice.
Only side effect of overdosing on carrots is improved vision and yellow skin, LOL
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sweetrose, I eat a lot of carrots, cooked and raw.  I like to roast the carrots.  Wash, spray with EVOO, then  roast in 425* oven for around 40 minutes.  It really depends on oven. I usually do other veggies with them.  I haven't turned yellow as yet, but come to think of it, my eyes have remained strong. :laughing:  :thumbsup: JF
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thx guys for your replies. And Little Mary I was wondering why baby carrots turned white, now I know why!

I don't care for raw carrots except for dipping, but cooked carrots are one of ny favorites. And I don't care about the carotene turning my skin orange. Up here in Alaska I need anything that looks like a tan.

SweetRose
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thx Little Mary, I refer to snopes on a regular basis. I look forward to reading about the carrots.

SweetRose