"Spanish Rice"

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: "Spanish Rice"

Post by LINDA RN »

Mary's picture as seen on Let's Do Lunch Facebook page
Last edited by LINDA RN on July 6th, 2013, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I love this idea, and I will try it very soon.
Thank you so much Mary!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Mary I have a question. Can I put the cauliflower in the food processor and chop it up before I cook it?

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You read my mind LP. I was thinking about chopping it raw and then browning it a littme with garlic, onions and peppers then add tomatoes. No cauliflower in the house so will save it for later
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I'll let you know how it turns out! LOL

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I had some cauliflower that was starting to go bad and some leftover banzo fries, soooo I put the cauliflower in the Ninja and made it into crumbles. It doesn't take as much room in my fridge!! Anyway at Breakfast, instead of making hashbrowns, I made spanish rice. I had some left over pico de gallo that was calling out saying, :ymdevil: "get that bag of tortilla chips and eat me before I go bad!!" I had 4-5 chips with it yesterday. :ymdevil: Well my Lord put the idea of spanish rice in my brain and I combined everything with some cumin and Mrs. Dash southwestern and 2 tbsp. spaghetti sauce and it made the best spanish rice I ever tasted. I had it with a poached egg on top. Yummo =p~ Then at lunch after water aerobics I took the rotissary chicken out and removed the breast. I put the rest in a pot to make broth. I cut the breast into chunks, then I sauted yellow squash, onions, green pepper, frozen corn, rinsed black beans and garlic in some EVCO, spicing it up with sea salt, cumin, and chilli powder. When it was done (crisp tender) I added the chicken and some salsa verde. I had 2 bowls, it was a latin day for me!!
DH had already stopped for burritos so he passed, oh well, more for me!! ;) I had a lean roast in the crockpot, which I sprinkled with 1/2 pkg. of onion soup mix and a little instant coffee and cooked it all day on low. It was done at 6PM and I had carrots and potatoes for DH and friend. They liked it, but now I have a fridge full of leftovers again. I'm cooking over at Gina's tomorrow. We are having the turkey. I'll put all the left overs in her fridge!! I have been teaching my teen grandsons to cook and especially use up the left over food. I told them it is a good skill to have when you are in college. Well, I sampled enough for my dinner meal so I concider that my dinner. Life is good! B-)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Leilani, that is brilliant!!!
Store bought beef broth almost always has MSG.
So does beef bullion.
Never thought about adding instant coffee.
That will end up being my fav go to beef meal!!
It will make the coconut aminos go farther.
Plus you could also add a little liquid smoke!
TY TY TY!
Linda