Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodles

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

January 5, 2016
by Kirbie

Zucchini noodles are tossed in a simple garlic and lemon herb sauce for a very light and easy dish.

After nearly two weeks of indulging on holiday foods, today was back to business and an attempt to eat healthy again. I love zucchini noodles, so I actually look forward to lunch meals like this. The problem is, after all those extra calories, my stomach kept saying “That’s it? Where’s the rest of the food?” I’m not kidding when I say there was a lot of indulging these last two weeks. There was one day where all I ate was cookies. Hopefully a few more meals like this will get my stomach readjusted.

It was fun to whip out my vegetable spiralizer again. I don’t think I ever get sick of seeing the long spirals of vegetable noodles.

Herbs and lemon are always a great way to add flavor to dishes without adding too many calories, carbohydrates or sodium. I did a very simple sauce of olive oil, lemon, garlic, parsley and salt, which the noodles are coated in to add flavor to them.

Yield: 2

Ingredients:
2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, halved
1 tsp chopped parsley
salt to taste

Directions:
1. In a small saucepan over stove on low heat, add garlic and oil.
Cook until garlic is lightly browned.
Squeeze and mix in juice from half a lemon and parsley. 
Taste and add salt as needed.
2. In a large pan over medium-high heat, add zucchini noodles and cook until zucchini is just tender, stirring as needed so that all the zucchini cooks evenly. To make this dish healthier, you don't need to add any oil while cooking the zucchini. Drain any water produced from zucchini noodles from pan. Add in sauce and toss until noodles are evenly coated. Squeeze remaining lemon half over noodles. Serve immediately.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.

©2017 Kirbie's Cravings.
All Rights Reserved. Terms | Privacy
Design by Purr.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...