LDL "Sweet Potatoes"

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Re: LDL "Sweet Potatoes"

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hi Mary,
Thanks for the squash tip.  I'll look for it as I miss my
sweet potatoe.  But..........I don't understand the
honey????  I thought honey was not a part of the
program. ???

Jan
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Cheeks! Not Mary, but a drizzle of honey is fine as it's not processed white sugar and the amount you Should be using is negligible in the overall scheme of what you're eating. You're not putting a thick coating of honey on the squash, just a taste! Enjoy...nyKath
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Mary,  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This squash is fabulous! I eat almost 2 a day. I have never eaten squash in my life. This tastes just like sweet potatoes! I have all my friends at church eating them.  I peel it after cooking in the microwave and then mash and add Willow Run Butter onit and put back in for 2 minutes.

Thanks
Preachwife
AzRuth
New, but learning

Post by AzRuth »

Thanks for the ideas as I love sweet potatoes.  I'll look for these squash as I'm not familiar with them. 
Blessings!
Ruth
imkay

Post by imkay »

they really do taste like sweet potatoes.  i usually just add a small pat of Willow Run spread and then eat.  yummy!!
thanks again mary!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Hi Everyone,

I never heard of these guys.  Checked out the link to see what it looked like.  Thanks for the pic.  Never saw one thus far but, the hunt is on.  If anyone out there from the Philadelphia area knows where to get these please let me know. Thanks.

Carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

Here's some info on this squash.  I was confused on the different pics that I saw online when I did a search and this explained it for me.

http://www.foodreference.com/html/tsweetdumplings.html

Sweet Dumpling Squash - Winter Squash - This solid round squash, formerly known as the vegetable gourd, is a perfect serving for one person. It is about the size of an apple and weighs up to 1 pound. The skin is a warm cream color striped with ivy green, and it changes to butter color and orange during storage. The skin is relatively tender and can be eaten. The pale-yellow flesh is smooth, fine, and dry as a potato and produces a rich starchy, light to mild sweetness, with a slight corn flavor.

Hope this helps someone else,
Michele
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to chip in my two cents on the squash thing.  I tried the dumpling squash for the first time and LOVED it!  While I was at the store a lady who was also shopping told me about butternut squash.  I had never tried that so I bought one of those too.  I think the butternut is even better than the sweet dumpling.  Mostly because it not only tastes like but also looks like sweet potatoes.  I have had one of the two of these squash every day at lunch for the past week.  LOL  YAYYYYYYY!  God is so good.  I hope you all find the foods that make you smile and happy and SKINNY!  Thank you again little mary!  (((((((((((hugs))))))))

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by rhernan216 »

rather than microwave the squash could i use my veggie steamer to cook them soft then make like a mashed potatos out of them?

now only to find a replacement for the marshmallows i use to brown on top of the sweet potatoes. ha ha!!

rh
Richard Hernandez
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

You could steam them, Rich, but they really should get soft enough in the microwave to just scoop out of their shell - or peel the flesh from the rind - to just be able to mash them up in a bowl. And while not marshmallows by any means, you could probably saute up ripe banana slices with a bit of sweetener in them, put on top of the potatoes, and give them a few moments under the broiler. Just a thought! I actually love all the squashes and pumpkins cooked and close to their natural state or blended up into soup the best, but whatever floats your boat! Enjoy...  :) NYKath
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hmmmm - or puree them, put them in a big icing tube and "flute" them on the top of the casserole and bake them.... it might work!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oh, yeahhhhhhhhhh - that's a great idea, Mary!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

wow what wonderful response. sorry guys I have been away for so long but end of the year close out of business has been off the charts. The Oil business is great but along with it comes truck loads of work!

rh
Richard Hernandez
neakybird

Post by neakybird »

I just read these posts and I gotta say I like it...any time I get to use a blow torch I am all for it :D
I used to watch Julia Child and wait for the times she would whip that baby out and flame on!  Can't wait to try it!!
neakybird
...but I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I comitted unto him against that day.