Black Beans & Corn Salsa

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
niki
Administrator

Re: Black Beans & Corn Salsa

Post by niki »

me too....there was a time that i wished i could sell my house and buy a camper and travel......niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

we just came back from camping last weekend (in a tent!!) and I'm happy to report NO WEIGHT GAIN!!! Matter of fact, I'm down 2 pounds! Very happy. Stuck to LDL mostly. Since had NO refrigeration and most everything had to be in ice chest to keep cold, we did "Splurge" and have potatoes but most everything was LDL approved. Lots of fruit, HUGE salad w/ lots of fruit and the natural juice from the fruit as dressing, corn on cob, green beans, carrots, and did I mention the FRUIT? (LOL) my mom brought cubed cantelope in 3 containers, had bananas, grapes, apples, watermelon, strawberries, couple nectarines. made huge fruit salad one day for lunch w/ nonfat cottage cheese. REALLY yummy. And of course....NO BEARS!!!! (for which my mother was grateful!)
Hope you enjoy your trip!
Veroncia
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

you went camping, had a great time, stayed mostly on let's do lunch AND lost 2 pounds......bravo..........and joe didn't show up with his bear friends???..........haha..
  NOW, princess veronica......i understand that the queen mum was vacationing, but i would be remiss if i didn't ask you to remind her of her duties regarding her position as ticker police chief.....
                                      regards from,
                                the bean queen
ps...did you notice that the 1st paragraph was in a flushing,queens accent and the SECOND paragraph used the queen's english?....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Camping!
      The first and last time I went camping was 40 years ago. Krissie and buddy were babies. Went to the beach and it was a mile or so from the campground and stayed most of the day. When we returned to our tent the tent next to us had caught fire and burnt to the ground it was about five feet from our tent, We stayed the night as we were too far to go home then and the next morning we packed up and headed for home. We never went camping again. Never wanted too.  lol
            Judie
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Wow snowbirdie.......that's one trip I see you've never forgotten and I'm guessing never will.
mrsj
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Welcome back Veronica........you "real" camper you!  I'm guessing a good time was had by all......especially with no bears.
Congratulations.......not only did you not gain weight....you're down by 2 lbs!.......that's excellent!  All your LDL food made me wish I had been there with you too.  :)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

thanks!...glad to be home and not there w/ thunderstorms this weekend

and niki, i'll remind mom of her duties!
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Robyn..... Congrats for the weight loss..!  I am camping but we had to come back to Tampa today for my hubby's dr appt. The campgrounds is 1 hr 45 mn from here.  I left Bean and Turkey Medley in crockpot.....  We will go back when he is through. 

Where do you go camping?  We used to do tent but at my age, I have to sleep at least 18" off the ground in air, or BIG fan.... lol

We have been going in campgrounds pool at LEAST once a day.  I can swim one way (head down) without going for air and then I don't spend 5 min gasping for air.  I cannot believe it.  I have NEVER  been able to hold my breath like that and excerise.  I feel soooo good.  Sam (DH) follows me so I don't run into trouble.  The pool is long there so I back stroke back to start and rest as I go.  Of course our fridge is stocked with fruit and the pantry with beans.  I do take my cottage cheese
with so I can have my "cottage cheese sundae".  (cottage cheese, covered by individual serving of natural applesauce, covered by cinnamon, covered by fresh blueberries.)  sooo good

See you folks later.  Just love this group.!!!!!
Nancy in FLImage
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I'm glad you posted this Nancy.  I was wondering when you were camping and I see you still are with this break for a dr's appt. It sounds like you're having a good time!
Swim a lap for me!!

Lol, I was looking to see who Robyn was.....thought I missed a post.  Now I see it's Veronica that you mean.......and you got it from robnveronica.  I hope that was a test to see if I'm on top of things because that would mean I pass.  :D
mrsj
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

YAY!! Mrs J passed the test we arranged for her!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Awww, thanks NJ.
hehehe......isn't it fun to be silly?
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

I love this recipe.  I made it for a baby shower at work and it went over well. I gave the others tostitos but I used the corn thins.  Love it Love it Love it!!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

3BOYS, I just saw your post.
Glad you liked the recipe.  I too love dipping my corn thins in this.  For me, it's a good snack as well as a good side dish with my protein for lunch.  I even like it on top of my eggs!
Eggs over refried beans or eggs with black beans & corn salsa..............life is good!
designchick67

Post by designchick67 »

MrsJ,

Great recipe - I can see many possibilities for this one. I just sliced up lots of lean roast beef and a teeny bit of diced avocado and am having it for lunch as I ty[e this...yummo!

Thanks.

Regards,
Michelle
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

designchick67 wrote:MrsJ,

Great recipe - I can see many possibilities for this one. I just sliced up lots of lean roast beef and a teeny bit of diced avocado and am having it for lunch as I ty[e this...yummo!

Thanks.

Regards,
Michelle

Oooooh, I want a taste! :D
Thank you Michelle.........I like your ideas for adding the protein and avocado (oh yum!).
Isn't it nice how so many of the bean recipes have such versatility?!
mrsj
K Wood

Post by K Wood »

This was so great and so easy to make! Brought it to a fellowship at church. I added it a black bean soup that someone else made. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!