Bill's Mashed Potatoes

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
imkay

Re: Bill's Mashed Potatoes

Post by imkay »

i don't know if you could use a different but i can tell you i have always hated butter beans.  i finally broke down and tried these and WOW!!  just try it.  you'll thank me.  and mary. :)
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
carbonite

Post by carbonite »

I believe so.  When I tried the shepherd pie, the butterbeantatoes had the texture and taste of a mashed up potatoe.  Much better tasting than the cauliflower fauxtatoes, in my opinion. 

marysimmons wrote:Hi GD,

Kay is right.  Pretend they're not butter beans, and give these a try!  I'm sure you could make a mashed bean dish out of any kind of bean, but I doubt you'll find any other bean that can match the flavor and texture of mashed potatoes as closely as the butter beans do.  Many life-long bean haters have been amazed by this discovery.  Go for it.....I dare you to!

Mary
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Hi, sorry i am having some difficulty finding some of the recipes people keep referring to. Where can i find the recipe for the  butter bean (mashed potato) recipe? I want to try it, but need the recipe to be sure i have all the ingredients. It is somewhat difficult finding things on the site, since most references to recipes is contained in all the communication. Sometimes folks refer to a recipe, but where is that recipe to be found?  Could the recipes be listed separately.
I have not found a recipe yet from LDL that i have not liked, so I really want to  try the butter bean one. I love your site and all the support provided. It is amazing that more people do not know about it!
Thanks in advance for the help.
PS. Are we supposed to eat a certain amount of beans in a day? i am eating them in several forms...alone, in soup and added to meats. How can i know if i am eating enough of them? I really am not hungry most of the time since starting LDL..but dont know if i am doing this the right way. Can i be eating too many fruits or too many smoothies in a day? I need some perameters....am i alone or is this something i must learn as i go? Thanks again!
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Hi, LRittle,
You can find the recipe for Bill's Mashed Potatoes by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and on the lower right side is a drop down menu.  Click on side dishes and then scroll through the selections till you come to the recipe.  click on it and it should take you to the recipe. 

As for how much you should be eating...if you aren't hungry, don't eat.  The beans will keep you feeling satisfied and if you lose that feeling, eat more beans.  As you will see on the site or find out in your own life, if you have a taste for sweets, eat fruit; if you have a taste for bread, pasta, etc., eat beans.  If you don't have a taste for anything, you're eating the right things in the right quantities.

God bless you as you travel this road.  For most of us, it is a rewarding and satisfying way of life.

Pat

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=625.15

This is where you will eventually find the recipe.  Scroll down the page a while  and there it is.
Last edited by patsyfay on May 26th, 2007, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Thansk Mary....I have the book "Let's Do Lunch" but that recipe is not in my book. Is there another book besides the original one by Roger Troy Wilson? Could there be different editions?
I am reading it for the second time now and love it. It has become such a blessing to me and my DH (yes, I picked that one up from the message boards!).
I am sharing this with as many of my family and friends I can.....it is a "Devinley Inspired" way of life. I received my book from a friend...she bought 6 and has given them away as gifts.
Thank you all on the boards for your advice, clarifications and ideas. I look forward to each new day with LDL.
PTL......Linda
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Hi ya'll.............
Well, i finally made the LDL Mashed Potatoes..with the LDL Meatloaf for dinner and my husband was so complimentary of them both. They were delicious...and I love real mashed potatoes, but these are every bit as  good. When I read the recipe, I could not imagine Butter Beans tasting anything like mashed potaotes. I cannot thank you all enough...you are the greatest blessing. I am learning how to cook and eat more healthy every day. PTL....for you all.  Linda
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

What a good point...and eating mostly vegetarian is so good us all!
I was on a Liver Cleansing Diet a few years ago..and i felt so good and my blood work showed tremendous improvement. I am thinking the LDL program is doing the vrey similar thing. I learned to eat with the following rules for the Liver Cleansing Diet: "Eat more plants than animals and eat more raw than cooked". Bread, potatoes, rice, etc are not allowed either. So, the LDL way is very similar, so imaging how healthy it is for all our organs. We are, perhaps, cleansing and healing them as we follow the LDL Plan. I am so encouraged by this every day. I seem to find more and more reasons to continue the LDL way..and see all the benefits.
Let's all keep our health and well being in mind as we live one day at a time....love to all, Linda
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi,
    Today we roasted a turkey because they were on sale for 88cents a pound. Then I made butter bean potatoes .Let me tell you,the turkey was really good but those potatoes were soo good. Ralph and I ate a lot of potatoes and made our bellys hurt. Who needs real potatoes I think these are better. thanks for that mashed potatoe recipe.
                    Judie and ralph
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Mary,

The suggested diet sounds...like...(drum roll please)......

[glow=red,2,300]Let's  Do  Lunch[/glow]

Doesn't it?  I would say it does to me.  See Guys & Gals...we are in on the CUTTING EDGE of a "new" discovery.  Don't you feel SPECIAL???  If not, you should!  God has allowed you to be a part of HIS plan...and it will be WORLD WIDE one of these days!!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!