Let's Do Lunch BAKED BEANS

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
greenglass
New, but learning

Re: LDL BAKED BEANS

Post by greenglass »

WONDERFUL!  Thank you, Mary!  I will be shopping in a few days and will print this off and take it with me.  I will let you know how it turns out.
Lori
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Oh WONDERFUL!!!!!  I was standing at the store today reading labels on the baked beans and they were all loaded with sugar so I sadly just kept going.  I will try making these tomorrow to go with the delicious coleslaw I made today!!!! YUMMMMMMMM
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Roger and Mary,
I made these beans yesterday....Maybe I did something wrong but they were very simple to make and tasted more to me like pork and beans without the pork than  baked beans but they were still a very good side dish with my BBQ Brisket I made for my lunch yesterday. 
Thanks Mary I will make these again.
God BLess
Debbie
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

I too was one who found much comfort in a can of Campell's or Van De Camp's Pork and Beans...Yum Yum!!! so this recipe is a new found freind for me.

rh
Richard Hernandez
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

OH PLEASE PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG....I was not complaining at all....believe me Little Mary NOONE HERE COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM THE BEANS WERE DELICIOUS.....they licked their little plates CLEAN!!!!!!!  Those beans did make me want to open up a package of hotdogs with the cupof beans I had leftover the next day.  Thankfully I was able to resist the urge although I dont think one little hotdog would have ruined everything lol I will defineately make them again and I think that is a good suggestion to spice em up some.  Maybe I will even try to put them into the oven and see if they thicken up some in a casserole dish!!!! Do regular baked beans have molasses in them or something to make them darker????? 
God Bless
Debbie
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Not Mary, Deb, but baked beans sure do have molasses and brown sugar in them and when they get baked, they take on that dark appearance. Definitely try and bake the beans instead of making them as a stove top version. Sure to be good no matter how you do 'em!  I still have to try these, very soon! ...NYKath
BSRBoom

Post by BSRBoom »

I made these for dinner tonight! They were very good and filling. I did add some diced onions I sauteed and a little SF log cabin syrup. They really hit the spot, as I was freezing here tonight:) Thanks for the great recipe, I will be sure to make this one again.
{~{~{~~Beverly~~{~{~{
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Bo.....bringing these delicious beans back to the top of the message boards for you to enjoy!!!!  I've made them and know they were a big hit at my house.
Prayers All Around
Debbie
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Looks like another crockpot doer to me,,,,,
Nancy in FLImage
abbys mom

Re: Let's Do Lunch BAKED BEANS

Post by abbys mom »

I am going to try this recipe for our Easter dinner.  Has anyone tried this recently or is it a favorite cook out food for any of you?  Has anyone cooked it in the oven, if so for how long?

Thanks,
Kathy
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Thanks Roger for the bake beans recipe. I cant wait to try this.
                                                        Charlotte
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Kathy, I have a similar recipe which says to bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. However, I have not tried it myself.
abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

Cameron,

Thanks for the reply.  I made them stovetop but they are a little more tomato-y that I was hoping, but still pretty good.  THought maybe I would re-heat them for our dinner today with a little liquid in the oven to try to make them a little darker & more rich.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Kathy
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Kathy,

I never tried this recipe because my family really isn't into baked beans...so, are you saying that's real tomatoey....? They wouldn't like that.

CQ
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

I tried this recipe and I hate to say it, but this one I had to throw out. :thumbdown: But thats ok it's the first thing since being on LDL that I have not liked.    Charlotte