"Fried" Apples

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
o2bthin

Re: "Fried" Apples

Post by o2bthin »

Loved the 'fried apples!'  I added a few raisins to mine.  My dad, who loves sweets, said it tasted like apple pie without the crust, and asked why I hadn't made it before!! 

Thanks for the recipe!  It's a keeper.  :thumbsup:
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Carolina, Niki, and otobthin, I have used so many apples.  I have tried all your ideas.  I have to do another bag tomorrow.  Sooo Delicious and satisfying !!! Thanks, JF
mikesmom0707

Post by mikesmom0707 »

Today is my first day on LDL.  I loved the book, read it cover to cover, went shopping this morning and have been cooking all day.  I work and am a single mom, so many of these recipes are great for freezing and having at the ready.  Where do I find the recipe for "Fried Apples?"  Still learning how to navigate this web site so I appreciate your patience.

This morning I had fruit and then for lunch I had Tabouli sans the bulgar and steamed salmon.  Delicious.    I made the Taco soup too.  Very good.  My 8 y-o son loved it for his lunch.  I want this to be the plan that finally works - - I have battled my weight my entire life and I am too through.  I am excited to be on this journey - - it feels right!

Mikesmom0707
Winning at Losing :>)
Jess
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome, Mike's Mom -- glad you are on board!  Glad Mike loved the soup too.  I have found this way of eating to be so satisfying that it wasn't in the least painful to lose over 35 lbs.  This is a way of eating I can live with.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Mikesmom, You're on the right plan to be healthy, satisfied, and lose weight.  The fried apples are at the beginning of this post, the very 1st one on it.  They are delicious.  I also do the stewed ones.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Mikesmom,

Here's the link to the Fried Apple recipe. http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=7801.0

To save this recipe, click on the ADD BOOKMARK tab next to the REPLY and it will go into your MY BOOKMARKS (where your HOME, HELP, etc. is located) and you will have it stored for further use.
joy4aub
New, but learning

Post by joy4aub »

I JUST MADE AND ATE THE "FRIED APPLES"! THEY ARE ABSOLUTLY WONDERFUL! THANKS FOR THE RECIPE. THIS IS MY SECOND DAY ON THE PROGRAM AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE IM ON A DIET AT ALL.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome to the boards.  You're right, it's not a diet, but a new way of eating.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend