THE CORN THINS

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
joy4aub
New, but learning

THE CORN THINS

Post by joy4aub »

I JUST RECIEVED MY VERY 1ST CASE OF CORN THINS AND I WILL BE STARTING THE PROGRAM TOMORROW. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO EAT WITH THESE OR RECIPES. AND ANY GOOD ADVICE BEFORE I START.                     

THANKS,
                                                    JOY
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: THE CORN THINS

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome on board!  You will love this way of eating and all the support you will receive on these pages.  Once you get started you will be so satisfied with the foods you will be surprised how easy this WOE is.  I hope you will journal what you eat on these pages, it is so encouraging to everyone and helps you to stay focused.  Ask all the questions you want and someone will answer them for you.  Also, go to the sites with the recipes and you will find every kind of recipe to help you  succeed.
These Corn Thins are wonderful for crumbling into soups or eating with jelly on.  I make egg McMuffin type sandwiches and at times I make egg salad for them.  Tuna salad is great on them and the other day I made hamburgers and used them as buns.  They are good to just eat along side of breakfast or dinner with your fruit.  After you start eating them you will find all kinds of ways to incorporate them into your meals.  My husband likes them with a little spinach dip on them so they are very versital. 
You will love this Whole way of eating as you get going.  It has given me so much energy and I feel much better then I have felt in years.  Plus the benefit is I am losing weight along the way. 
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hummus, especially the jalepeno variety with a tomato slice is my favorite.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Where is the recipe for the jalepeno variety?  Yummmm, that sounds wonderful.. So far I have just made the regular hummus,, and it is wonderful.  I like it on corn thins with sliced cucumbers, salt and pepper on top...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hi Mary J.  I am away from my computer and can't search the forums on my Black Berry.  I think I use Little Mary's recipe with cilantro instead of parsley (or something like that) and Jalepenos instead of olives (or something like that).  Actually I don't measure anymore...just put a bunch of soaked and cooked chickpeas in a crock with a bit of EVOO, cilantro, jalepenos and brine/jalepeno juice.  Then I use my hand blender to blend it smooth (or almost).  Mmmm gonna HAVE to make some this afternoon.  We have Cornthins in the house right now too (an occasional treat for us since popcorn is much less expensive for a family of eigth).

Blessings,
Julie
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

I love the corn thins, but I had to stop buying them.  I am one of those people that can't have leftovers. So, seeing that whole box sitting there is too much for me to handle.  I had to stop buying them.  I wish I could find them at a store somewhere where I could just buy a bag at a time. Welcome to the program.  You will really like it.  ~jess
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Vitacost offers them in single bags if you want to get them that way.  I think they are $2.75 a pack.

http://www.vitacost.com/Real-Foods-Orga ... s-Original
ollilsis
New, but learning

Post by ollilsis »

I just posted a Taco Dip recipe in the recipe section and it would work great with the cornthins.  It's all beans and tomato (very tasty) so would be very healthy with the cornthins and filling too. 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOSQipE/]
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

I use them with the soups, especially the Taco soup. This past summer I used them to make tomato sandwiches and they  were pretty good.  Once in a while I will eat some FF cheese on them also. They go with alot of things, just use your imagination.

Cookie
Wolfmother

Post by Wolfmother »

Hi

I am just starting out too.  I found Corn Thins at BulkBarn here in Canada.  I would be the same as Jessica if I had more than just a few in the house.  I love all the ideas about what to do with them.
Debbie

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

They are great, and so handy.  Every now and then, I spread pizza sauce on them, mushrooms, hot pepper,  a little garlic salt, and top with ff cheese.  Micro until cheese melts-25sec.  Eat with a fork, pizza taste.  They have never stalled my weight loss; however,  I don't use them often.  I'm still on the box I ordered in June.  Glad they were dated to 2011.  I reordered, and I have another box.  They are great with soups.  I also like them with pesto or hummus and sometimes I put a lean burger with a tomato slice for a sandwich.  Enjoy.  Joyful F