Garbanzo Guacamole

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
Deborah D.
Master Member

Garbanzo Guacamole

Post by Deborah D. »

Found this recipe in the Jenny Craig cookbook, nothing was changed.

2/3 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
1     Tbsp lemon juice
1     large clove garlic, halved
¾     cup coarsely chopped onion
½    cup peeled, cubed avocado
2     Tbsp canned green chilies chopped
¼     tsp salt
¼    tsp pepper
1     cup seeded, finely chopped tomato
½    cup finely chopped green onions

Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 3 ingredients.  Process 25 seconds, scraping sides of processor bowl once.  Add ¾ cup chopped onion and next 4 ingredients; pulse 6 times or until mixture is chunky.

Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in tomato and green onions.  Cover and chill thoroughly.  Serve with corn thins.
Last edited by Anonymous on December 11th, 2009, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Mary J
Master Member

Re: Garbanzo Guacamole

Post by Mary J »

This sounds really good,,, can't wait to try it.... thanks for sharing it..

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Deborah D,

I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe. I like to make a salad (almost like a chalupa without the tortilla and sour cream) with guacamole as the salad dressing. I bet this will work even with the refried beans on the bottom.

CQ
ollilsis
New, but learning

Post by ollilsis »

I have made this before and it was so good!  Served it to my family and they all loved it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOSQipE/]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Deborah.  I've bookmarked your recipe which sounds wonderful.  What kind/brand of food processor do you have.  Recipes such as this and hummus are difficult to retrieve from my Vita-Mix.  Maybe if I had the smaller container it would be less wasteful.  I have been looking at ads for various food processors and don't know if I need a mini, a large one, or how I would use and store it.  Any suggestions?  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Look at the Ninja Master Prep. I have not made this recipe but it made quick work of the Pumpkin smoothie. It has one motor that sits on top of a small and large container. The containers have lids so you can store what you have processed. The blades are super sharp and come out easily for cleanup and so you can use the containers for storage. Costs less than the bullet.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
ollilsis
New, but learning

Post by ollilsis »

I made this Guacamole dip recipe for Christmas.  I doubled the recipe making it in two sections so it would mix well.  It was all eaten and raved about by the entire family.  I was asked to make it again for New Years Eve! 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOSQipE/]