NBC-2 TV Superbowl Sunday LDL Menu

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
Teri Karp

NBC-2 TV Superbowl Sunday LDL Menu

Post by Teri Karp »

NBC-2 TV Superbowl Sunday “Lets Do Lunch” Menu (Roger Troy will be interviewed Friday on NBC-2 TV, between 4 PM and 4:30 PM Eastern, go to NBC-2.com)

Roger Troy Wilson, author of LET’S DO LUNCH, has put together a collection of delectable recipes from his successful diet program that are loaded with flavor.

Since Superbowl Sunday is known for an afternoon and evening of snacking, following are Let's Do Lunch recipes that fill the bill.  All of these can be made in advance so the host or hostess can enjoy the game as well.  Roger Troy suggests menu options for the most discriminating football fans as follows:

A Variety of Assorted Snacks (Recipes follow):
• Stuffed Mushrooms
• Jim and Saunie’s Antipasto
• Incredible Nutty Snacks
• Mattie Lou’s Curry Dip with assorted veggies
• Danielle’s Deviled Eggs
• Endive Spears with Beets and Blue Cheese
• Danita’s Salsa with Baked Tostitos Frito-Lay corn chips
• Snyders of Hanover Pretzels – Large Hard Fat-free Sourdough w/fat-free sharp cheese melted on in the micro
• Popcorn – Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Smart-Pop 94% Fat-free BUTTER Microwave, with olive oil sprayed on (or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)

Entree and Accompaniment Choices (Recipes follow):
Option 1:  LET’S DO LUNCH Chicken Wraps (you'll love them)

Option 2:  R.M.’s Made Rights (the taste is unbelievable)
     LET’S DO LUNCH De-lettuced Salad with aged cheese crumbles and your favorite salad dressing (mmmgood)

Option 3:  LET’S DO LUNCH Burgers (melt in your mouth)
     LET’S DO LUNCH Bean Soup (you'll become addicted)
Dessert:
Assorted fresh fruit (your favorites) dipped in your favorite-flavor fat-free yogurt

LET’S DO LUNCH Recipes:

Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe is found on the LET’S DO LUNCH website under bulletin boards and then recipes

Jim and Saunie’s Antipasto
Ingredients:
1 15oz. can green beans (Green Giant) – well drained
1 15oz. can peas (Green Giant) – well drained
2 tomatoes – chopped
¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
¼ cup sliced green peppers
Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar (fat free)

Directions:  Mix first five ingredients together and then season with the rice vinegar.  Let stand overnight in refrigerator.

Incredible Nutty Snacks
Recipe is found on the LET’S DO LUNCH website under bulletin boards and then recipes

Mattie Lou’s Curry Dip
Ingredients:
2/3  cup low-fat cottage cheese (1 percent)
2/3  cup low-fat mayonnaise (Hellman’s or Best Foods)
2 T. ketchup
2    T. honey
      2 T. grated onion
      1    tsp. salt
      7    drops Tabasco sauce
      1    level tsp. curry powder

Directions:  Mix all ingredients together in a blender and refrigerate overnight.  Serve with assorted fresh vegetables.

Danielle’s Deviled Eggs
Ingredients:
      6          hard-boiled eggs
      2 1/2    T. Marzetti Lite Slaw Dressing
      ½         tsp. dill
      ½         tsp. salt

Directions:  Cut peeled hard-boiled eggs lengthwise into halves.  Slip out the yolks and mash them with a mixer.  Add dressing and seasoning.  Mix until smooth.  Refill egg white halves with yolk mixture. 

Endive Spears with Beets and Blue Cheese

Danita’s Salsa
Ingredients:
    1   15 oz. can black beans – well drained
    1   14 ½ oz. can diced tomatoes – well drained
    1   cup frozen corn
    ¼  cup seasoned rice vinegar
    ¼  cup chopped onion
     1   4 ½ oz. can chopped green chilies – well drained
     2   garlic cloves – minced
    ¼  cup sliced pitted olives (green and black) – well drained
    ¼  cup chopped jalapenos – well drained

Directions:  Mix all the ingredients together and allow the flavors of the salsa to blend together for at least an hour before serving. 

LET’S DO LUNCH Chicken Wraps

R.M.’s Made Rights
Ingredients:
    1    lb. ground sirloin or extra-lean ground beef
    2    lb. ground, skinless turkey breast (turkey will take on the flavor of the beef)
    1    medium onion – finely chopped
    ½   cup solidly packed, 100 percent natural pumpkin
    2    10 3/4 oz. cans condensed tomato soup (Campbell’s)
    1    12 oz. jar chili sauce
    1     tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1     tsp. pepper
    1     tsp. salt

Directions:  Brown beef and turkey.  Add onions and cook until done.  Drain off liquids.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 60 minutes.  Serve in half of a whole wheat, rye or whole-grain bun with the soft insides removed and discarded, or serve in lettuce wraps.

LET’S DO LUNCH De-Lettuced Salad with Aged Cheese
Ingredients:
    2    cups 3-bean salad (drained)
    1    cup peas (drained)
    1    cup corn (drained)
    ½   cup pickled beets (drained)
    1    cup diced onion
    1    large tomato or 2 small tomatoes (cut-up) 
    ½   cup of your favorite aged-cheese crumbles
(Roger’s favorite is blue cheese)

Directions:  Mix together, and top with a small amount of your favorite no-fat or low-fat dressing.  Make a double batch, and store in refrigerator.

LET’S DO LUNCH Burgers
Ingredients:
    ½    lb. lean ground sirloin
    ½    lb. ground turkey or chicken breast (skinless)
    1     cup finely chopped onions
    1     16 oz. can pinto beans (drained)

Directions:  Mash pinto beans and mix with ground turkey or chicken and ground sirloin and onions.  Season with salt and pepper.  Make into patties (use egg white to hold them together if necessary). Spray pan or grill with olive oil spray.  Fry or grill.  Serve with your favorite condiments.  Make a double batch, and store in freezer.   

LET’S DO LUNCH Bean Soup
Ingredients:
4   regular-size cans northern or navy beans, drained
1   cup chopped yellow onion
1   crushed or minced clove of garlic
1   Knorr chicken bouillon cube
1 ½ tsp. dried Mixed Italian Herbs or Herbes de Provence
      1   T. olive oil

Directions:  Pour olive oil in a large saucepan with lid.  When it is hot, add the onion and garlic.  Saute, stirring frequently on medium-high for 3 minutes.  Add the beans.  Mash mixture with potato masher.  Bring to a boil.  Add the bouillon cube, the herbs, and a bit of ground black pepper to taste.  Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low.  Add water for desired thickness.  Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Last edited by Anonymous on February 3rd, 2006, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
imkay

Re: NBC-2 TV Superbowl Sunday LDL Menu

Post by imkay »

bringing this to the top from last years superbowl.

great way to LDL for the big game!

GO COLTS!!!!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Wow I forgot about this Kay...Good Thinking!!!  GO BEARS
And lets not forget we have little marys ARTICHOKE DIP and Toris Tuna Melts to add this year!!!!!!!
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on January 22nd, 2007, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
imkay

Post by imkay »

oh my gosh i can't believe i had forgotten about mary artichoke dip!!

that is what i'm taking to our superbowl party.  they won't know what hit them!!

GO COLTS!!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN - SUPER BOWL SUNDAY IS COMING.  STOCK UP ON INGREDIENTS FOR HEALTHY SNACKS NOW.  MENU & RECIPES FOLLOW.  I'M SO GLAD CAROL, OUR MOST RECENT NEWBIE, REMINDED ME OF THIS...  CHEERS! 

PLEASE NOTE, THESE RECIPES ARE SEVERAL YEARS OLD & WE ARE NO LONGER USING FRITOS, HARD PRETZELS, O.R. SMART POP, OR A LOT OF THE BOTTLED DRESSINGS MENTIONED.  PLEASE SUBSTITUTE CORN THINS FOR THE CHIPS & PRETZELS, AND AIR-POPPED CORN FOR THE SMART POP.  READ THE LABELS ON THE BOTTLED DRESSINGS & USE ONES THAT HAVE THE FEWEST SUGARS AND PRESERVATIVES.  SUBSTITUTE OLIVE OIL, VINEGARS, AND STEVIA OR SPLENDA WHEREVER POSSIBLE.  IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED CLARIFICATION, DON'T HESITATE TO ASK FOR UPDATES.

Teri Karp wrote:NBC-2 TV Superbowl Sunday “Lets Do Lunch” Menu (Roger Troy will be interviewed Friday on NBC-2 TV, between 4 PM and 4:30 PM Eastern, go to NBC-2.com)

Roger Troy Wilson, author of LET’S DO LUNCH, has put together a collection of delectable recipes from his successful diet program that are loaded with flavor.

Since Superbowl Sunday is known for an afternoon and evening of snacking, following are Let's Do Lunch recipes that fill the bill.  All of these can be made in advance so the host or hostess can enjoy the game as well.  Roger Troy suggests menu options for the most discriminating football fans as follows:

A Variety of Assorted Snacks (Recipes follow):

• Little Mary's Spinach Artichoke Dip
• Stuffed Mushrooms
• Jim and Saunie’s Antipasto
• Incredible Nutty Snacks
• Mattie Lou’s Curry Dip with assorted veggies
• Danielle’s Deviled Eggs
• Endive Spears with Beets and Blue Cheese
• Danita’s Salsa with Baked Tostitos Frito-Lay corn chips
• Snyders of Hanover Pretzels – Large Hard Fat-free Sourdough w/fat-free sharp cheese melted on in the micro
• Popcorn – Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Smart-Pop 94% Fat-free BUTTER Microwave, with olive oil sprayed on (or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)

Entree and Accompaniment Choices (Recipes follow):
Option 1:  LET’S DO LUNCH Chicken Wraps (you'll love them)

Option 2:  R.M.’s Made Rights (the taste is unbelievable)
     LET’S DO LUNCH De-lettuced Salad with aged cheese crumbles and your favorite salad dressing (mmmgood)

Option 3:  LET’S DO LUNCH Burgers (melt in your mouth)
     LET’S DO LUNCH Bean Soup (you'll become addicted)
Dessert:
Assorted fresh fruit (your favorites) dipped in your favorite-flavor fat-free yogurt

LET’S DO LUNCH Recipes:

Little Mary's Spinach Artichoke Dip

Stuffed Mushrooms

Jim and Saunie’s Antipasto
Ingredients:
1 15oz. can green beans (Green Giant) – well drained
1 15oz. can peas (Green Giant) – well drained
2 tomatoes – chopped
¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
¼ cup sliced green peppers
Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar (fat free)

Directions:  Mix first five ingredients together and then season with the rice vinegar.  Let stand overnight in refrigerator.

Incredible Nutty Snacks

Mattie Lou’s Curry Dip
Ingredients:
2/3  cup low-fat cottage cheese (1 percent)
2/3  cup low-fat mayonnaise (Hellman’s or Best Foods)
2 T. ketchup
2    T. honey
      2 T. grated onion
      1    tsp. salt
      7    drops Tabasco sauce
      1    level tsp. curry powder

Directions:  Mix all ingredients together in a blender and refrigerate overnight.  Serve with assorted fresh vegetables.

Danielle’s Deviled Eggs
Ingredients:
      6          hard-boiled eggs
      2 1/2    T. Marzetti Lite Slaw Dressing
      ½         tsp. dill
      ½         tsp. salt

Directions:  Cut peeled hard-boiled eggs lengthwise into halves.  Slip out the yolks and mash them with a mixer.  Add dressing and seasoning.  Mix until smooth.  Refill egg white halves with yolk mixture. 

Endive Spears with Beets and Blue Cheese

Danita’s Salsa
Ingredients:
    1   15 oz. can black beans – well drained
    1   14 ½ oz. can diced tomatoes – well drained
    1   cup frozen corn
    ¼  cup seasoned rice vinegar
    ¼  cup chopped onion
     1   4 ½ oz. can chopped green chilies – well drained
     2   garlic cloves – minced
    ¼  cup sliced pitted olives (green and black) – well drained
    ¼  cup chopped jalapenos – well drained

Directions:  Mix all the ingredients together and allow the flavors of the salsa to blend together for at least an hour before serving. 

LET’S DO LUNCH Chicken Wraps

R.M.’s Made Rights
Ingredients:
    1    lb. ground sirloin or extra-lean ground beef
    2    lb. ground, skinless turkey breast (turkey will take on the flavor of the beef)
    1    medium onion – finely chopped
    ½   cup solidly packed, 100 percent natural pumpkin
    2    10 3/4 oz. cans condensed tomato soup (Campbell’s)
    1    12 oz. jar chili sauce
    1     tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1     tsp. pepper
    1     tsp. salt

Directions:  Brown beef and turkey.  Add onions and cook until done.  Drain off liquids.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 60 minutes.  Serve in half of a whole wheat, rye or whole-grain bun with the soft insides removed and discarded, or serve in lettuce wraps.

LET’S DO LUNCH De-Lettuced Salad with Aged Cheese
Ingredients:
    2    cups 3-bean salad (drained)
    1    cup peas (drained)
    1    cup corn (drained)
    ½   cup pickled beets (drained)
    1    cup diced onion
    1    large tomato or 2 small tomatoes (cut-up) 
    ½   cup of your favorite aged-cheese crumbles
(Roger’s favorite is blue cheese)

Directions:  Mix together, and top with a small amount of your favorite no-fat or low-fat dressing.  Make a double batch, and store in refrigerator.

LET’S DO LUNCH Burgers
Ingredients:
    ½    lb. lean ground sirloin
    ½    lb. ground turkey or chicken breast (skinless)
    1     cup finely chopped onions
    1     16 oz. can pinto beans (drained)

Directions:  Mash pinto beans and mix with ground turkey or chicken and ground sirloin and onions.  Season with salt and pepper.  Make into patties (use egg white to hold them together if necessary). Spray pan or grill with olive oil spray.  Fry or grill.  Serve with your favorite condiments.  Make a double batch, and store in freezer.   

LET’S DO LUNCH Bean Soup
Ingredients:
4   regular-size cans northern or navy beans, drained
1   cup chopped yellow onion
1   crushed or minced clove of garlic
1   Knorr chicken bouillon cube
1 ½ tsp. dried Mixed Italian Herbs or Herbes de Provence
      1   T. olive oil

Directions:  Pour olive oil in a large saucepan with lid.  When it is hot, add the onion and garlic.  Saute, stirring frequently on medium-high for 3 minutes.  Add the beans.  Mash mixture with potato masher.  Bring to a boil.  Add the bouillon cube, the herbs, and a bit of ground black pepper to taste.  Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low.  Add water for desired thickness.  Cover and cook for 10 minutes.

Last edited by Gwennaford on February 23rd, 2009, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Does anyone still have the recipes for the Incredible Nutty Snacks and Endive Spears with Beets and Blue Cheese referenced on the old Super Bowl menu?  I've been playing around with it, adding links to the recipes I could find, but I couldn't find these.  I added a reference to Little Mary's Spinach & Artichoke Dip.  Probably should just point to every snack, appetizer, dip, treat and converted fast food on the entire site.  They are all good!

I'm interested in finding the recipe for the Incredible Nutty Snacks, unless they are no longer acceptable.  Also I remember Roger mentioning LDL trail mix once upon a time, but couldn't find that either.

Help, anyone? 

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

We have been doing super bowl at our house for a few years. I don't know if we're doing it again this year. These recipes will be most helpful whether or not we do. Thanks so much!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

The play-off games are on now.  Go, Saints!!!  Crick, I bet you are having a party today!!!  The recipes are great.  Thanks, again.  Go Broncs!!!  Later this evening.  I like football a whole bunch.  :thumbsup: JF
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

On January 7th, 2012. I was at my SIL's house after a wedding and reception for her daughter. I sat on the couch in front of the TV. The football fanatics were all around me. The various generations were gathered together. There I was in front of a football game on the tv. I actually enjoyed the game. I was so tired, I wanted to rest, and let my swollen foot go down. Football is okay, some of the terminology is confusing though.
Tina

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Super Bowl is Sunday! Are we ready?
Tina

~Author Unknown
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I'm ready for football anytime!!!  We love the food and parties!!!  *hug*  JF
bingo

Post by bingo »

Bring it on  :)... Have a Great Day everyone !