Recipe for Grilled or Roasted Okra???

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
mtngirl

Recipe for Grilled or Roasted Okra???

Post by mtngirl »

I am looking for a recipe for grilled or roasted okra to substitue for my favorite fried okra.  Does anyone know how to make this??

Thanks,
mtngirl
niki
Administrator

Re: Recipe for Grilled or Roasted Okra???

Post by niki »

mtngirl wrote:I am looking for a recipe for grilled or roasted okra to substitue for my favorite fried okra.  Does anyone know how to make this??

why don't you just dip them in egg and chickpea flour and fry in a small amount of oil?....or better, oven fry them....can you get chickpea flour in your area?..bob's red mill packages it................don't use chickpea flour often.....use it sparingly..........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
julybug

Post by julybug »

Check out air fried okra it was a resent post.  Also I've not tried it, but I saw on a food show one time,you can grill them whole with only olive oil and what ever spice you like...salt and pepper if nothing else.  I do not remember if they used top or bottom rack just experiment I guess.  I am the only one at my house that likes okra  so I've not tried it.  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
blessed

Post by blessed »

I take whole frozen (do not thaw) okra pods and drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and white pepper and bake in a pre-heated 450 degree oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.  Just be sure to slice with a knife when you go to eat it otherwise it will be all stingy. Sometimes I thrown some fresh asparagus  and/or fresh green beans that I buy at Sam's Club in the pan at the same time. 
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

Just wanted to say even before LDL, I always just took a bag of frozen orka(do not thaw) and poured some evoo and salt and baked 425 for about 45-60 min. or until it starts turning brown and no more sticky...It is very good like this...