Cauliflower Fries -- surprisingly good!

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Cauliflower Fries -- surprisingly good!

Post by CodingQueen »

LINDA RN,

It contains very high levels of natural Beta Carotene. The only vegetable higher are carrots.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on November 12th, 2010, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sounds like color is the way to go.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

The more I think on it and the more I read about it, color is way more important than just being pleasing to the eyes.  The reason a fruit or vegetable is the color it is is because of all the vitamins and minerals that make it. 

A couple of weeks ago, I was starting to feel the beginning of a cold coming on.  I just happened to be making the butternut squash soup that Mary came up with -- I think it is called Roasted Garlic, Butternut Squash Soup -- or something like that.  Well, sometimes when you are getting the itchy throat and stuff it is because you need vitamin A, not always vitamin C.  I'm certain that soup was full of Vitamin A, because of the orange color of the butternut squash.  I ate two big bowls of it and the next morning, I was feeling fine. 

The more colors you eat a day, the better.  I'm certain that is why my skin looks rejuvenated since starting to eat the LDL way.  Getting the vitamins the natural way has to be better than in pill form.  I am so glad I found this way of eating and have to redouble my efforts to tell others.  I'm planning to teach my class at the university again in January, when everyone is wanting to lose weight.  I need to get started on my proposal for it and stuff.  I want to help my community get healthy.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Crickadoodle,

It was probably the garlic (antiviral properties) and chick broth (helps to break up mucus).

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

No, I really think it was the high vitamin A.  I used to be big into health foods 30 years ago and remember reading something about how some people are affected better by vitamin A when having colds, than vit. C.  I found that was me.  High doses of vitamin C would drop a head cold into a much worse chest cold for me.  So then I tried vitamin A, which you have to watch of course, because it isn't water soluable.  My cold would get better.  I know the garlic is good too, though.  It was probably a combination of both.
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

It's a keeper!