Ginny's Cauliflower Soup

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Ginny's Cauliflower Soup

Post by Ginny M. »

I found this recipe around Christmas time.  I altered it a little for LDL correctness.  It has become my new cream soup base.  *love*    *love*    *love*

GINNY’S CAULIFLOWER SOUP
                                             A Great Hot or Cold Soup

3 T. Olive Oil 2 medium Onion, chopped
           1 tea. Garlic Powder 2 tsp. Orange Zest
           4 cups Fat-Free Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (College Inn No MSG 32 oz.)
           1 large head Cauliflower, cut                         1 ripe Pear, PEELED–cored–chopped
           1 can Navy Beans, drained & rinsed                         Salt & Pepper to taste

In large heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add onions and cook until translucent.   Add garlic powder and cook another minute.  Add broth and orange zest, increase heat and bring to a boil.  Add cauliflower and cook until florets are no longer crisp but not soggy, about 5 minutes.

Remove from heat, and add beans and pear.  Puree’ in batches in blender or use immersion blender.  Serve warm or great eaten cold right out of the refrigerator.

You can also use this as a Cream Soup Base to add anything to (ie:  corn, chicken, a few cheese slices and broccoli, etc.)
JerrieH

Re: Ginny's Cauliflower Soup

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks Ginny.  Your recipe sounds good.  What does the pear do?  Does it give the soup a sweet taste?  Jerrie :)
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Thanks Ginny for the soup recipe. It sounds good and the best part is: easy.  :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

JoPaul- Welcome to LDL.  This is the first of your posts I've noticed- and you're already half way to goal.  Pam
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

JerrieH,

I'm not real sure what the pear does.  It is a little sweet.  But when eaten cold you can taste the pear flavor even though there is a lot more beans and cauliflower.  The pear was in the original recipe.  I changed a clove of garlic for garlic powder ( I don't do cloves very well) and I added the beans.  Try it and let me know.

*hug*        Ginny