Edamame Hummus

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
JerrieH

Edamame Hummus

Post by JerrieH »

I have recently gotten into couponing and I bought the most recent All You magazine at Walmart.  It is a magazine put out by Walmart that couponers buy for the coupons in it.  It has a recipe in it for Edamame Hummus.  Here it is:

Edamame Hummus

salt and pepper
1 lb. frozen shelled edamame
1/4 c. tahini
4 T. lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 c. olive oil
1 T. chopped fresh parsley

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Cook edamame until tender, about five minutes.  Drain, reserving 1/2 c. of the liquid, and rinse under cold water.
Puree edamame in food processor with reserved liquid and other ingredients, adjusting salt and pepper, as needed.  Chill for an hour.

Jerrie
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Edamame Hummus

Post by crickadoodle »

I have read that unfermented soy is not healthy to eat for many reasons.  Edamame is unfermented.  Some soy sauces are unfermented too -- but originally, soy sauce was fermented.  Miso is fermented.  Tofu is not and neither is soy milk.  Just be aware that you might not want to start eating soy products.  At least research it first, and make an informed decision. 
JerrieH

Re: Edamame Hummus

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks.  I really don't eat many soy products.  Once in a great while I get the frozen bag of edamame in the pods.  But I remember RT and others talking about edamame on these boards and thought this might be a recipe they would like.  I haven't tried the recipe myself.  Just found it in a magazine yesterday.  Jerrie
Last edited by JerrieH on July 26th, 2011, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.