THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE ON THE PLANET

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE ON THE PLANET

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks, Niki, and for clarifying the spices. I was thinking they went in the marinade. Or do you spice up the marinade also? I forgot to get chicken out of freezer so guess it is too late to get it ready to grill tomorrow. Maybe next weekend. Will need to start marinading Friday night and cook on Sunday.

Oh, ya, wanted to ask if you had ever tried this with lime juice? I kinda liked the tequila lime buffalo wings at Sam's. Don't buy them now because don't know what is in the "natural flavors" but I think I will experiment in adding some lime with the lemon juice.
Last edited by LINDA RN on May 30th, 2010, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

AND, i'll mention something else in both threads, another marinated meat(a GREEK specialty)is shish kebob...NOT cooked on high heat....ANOTHER plus..i posted my mother's recipe....i don't eat lamb often but THIS is a REAL treat....actually, haven't made it in a couple of years...GOTTA make it soon....i think i'm going to make it for my birthday...LOVE it..............................niki

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=1259.0

and, btw......you could also marinate boneless chicken and skewer it with different vegetables....
Last edited by niki on May 31st, 2010, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

LINDA RN wrote: I was thinking they went in the marinade. Or do you spice up the marinade also?

i did it AGAIN.........i didn't specify.....i ASS U ME D.....so sorry.....you do both......in the marinade and then once on each side on the grill...and, as i said, for myself, i make them without skin so i don't lose the spices.....

i use the bottled lemon juice....i wouldn't waste good lemons OR limes on this.....you discard it anyway......you would need the juice of a NUMBER of lemons or limes.....imagine when i make 3 chickens.....i'd be squeezing lemons half the day............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK so how much and what kind of lemon juice? I am picturing the Real Lemon stuff.
I think I should do 3 chickens at a time also. After you grill, can you refreeze?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I'm going to try this recipe. I needed a new idea for chicken. Thanks!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

I will be trying this marinade this week..sounds good...getting my grocery list ready..and this recipe is part of it..Thanks
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I used this recipe to make boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grill last weekend.  I will be using this recipe over and over again.  It is wonderful!  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I did make this chicken marinade....but alas, it was too lemony for me. Maybe I didn't use enough chicken or something. :tongue: I'm sure I did something wrong, but I probably won't be making it again. :'(

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on May 9th, 2012, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
southern lady
New, but learning

Post by southern lady »

Niki, you mentioned soaking your chicken after washing it ....what do you soak it in and for how long and what is purpose....thanks, I am going to try the chicken marinade for our July 4th celebration....Love LDL in Central Florida!