BBQ Sauce

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
Mike

BBQ Sauce

Post by Mike »

Here is a simple recipe for BBQ sauce for those of us that like to grill. My wife got this from a friend and it is great.

1 cup catsup
12 oz. diet coke
2 Tsp.  splenda

Blend all ingredients together and brush onto the meat on both sides as it is cooking.  Great on chicken and turkey patties... you can alter the ingredients to make it thicker, or for sweeter taste.. If you like to grill, give it a try... Mike
BettyBoop

Re: BBQ Sauce

Post by BettyBoop »

Thanks, Mike.  This sounds really good, and I will definitely try it.

BettyBoop
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28
nyKath

Re: BBQ Sauce

Post by nyKath »

I've seen this same sauce used for pulled-pork sandwiches, sloppy joes, roast pork, etc. especially if you're cooking it in a slow-cooker. All of these could be served over Corn Thins or just plopped right on top of your salad or your sauteed greens if you're choosing not to eat part of a whole grain bun or a LITTLE pasta or rice (but only if you truly have a yen for it). You could even leave out the Splenda as the Coke is already so sweet, add some fresh garlic or garlic powder, spicy mustard, flavored vinegars, etc. Experiment with your food! Just watch the sugar in the catsup - might want to use a low-carb one, or even try and make your own. :) Bon appetit! nyKath