Hummus!

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
Deloris

Re: Hummus!

Post by Deloris »

Oh!! MarySimmons

Thank you so much for the Hummus  recipe, I love Hummus and I'm going to try this tomorrow. I will use this on vegetable instead of potato chip like I did , before I got on LDL

Deloris ;D
Last edited by Deloris on August 28th, 2006, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Post by Aspentroll »

I used to use Pita bread wedges brushed with olive oil and crisped in the
oven. I guess the pita bread is not so good an idea,  ???so...what's a good exchange
for pita bread?

Aspentroll.
imkay

Post by imkay »

nope no pitas!! i use carrots or celery or corn thins. 
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Jamilet
New, but learning

Post by Jamilet »

Hi Mary, I love this recipe.  Last time I made it, I used only 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and I added half a roasted red bell pepper.  I served it with fresh tomato wedges, sliced cucumber, raw broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots.  Wasa light rye crispbreads are OK too, but I like it withjust veggies.  Yum!  Don't miss the pita bread at all.
Jamilet
Gene

Post by Gene »

Little Mary,

I made your hummus last night, but used aJapl with seeds and all and used cilantro instead of parsley, let it get cool in the ref. BOY was it good.

Thank you,

ICL

Gene
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I love hummus, but don't always eat a lot of it will this recipe keep for more than 1 or 2 days, or can I freeze leftovers to thaw and use later?  thanks
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

mom wrote:I love hummus, but don't always eat a lot of it will this recipe keep for more than 1 or 2 days, or can I freeze leftovers to thaw and use later?  thanks

you absolutely can freeze whatever you're not going to eat....i make red pepper hummus that i make when the red peppers are on sale and i keep some in the fridge and freeze the rest.....you can use any peppers.....i just like the red ones the best and it seems that just around the time i've used up what's frozen, they're on sale again......i've got plenty in the freezer now, but the place i usually buy corn thins from was out of them the last time i went....gotta go soon..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

It keeps just fine in the fridge and freezes well.  One can doesn't make a huge batch, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I also enjoy it hot as a topping for steamed veggies.  Or I thin it with a little broth, heat it up & enjoy it alone as a soup, or as a base to thicken other soups!  YUM! 

There's no end to the uses for garbanzos in my kitchen.  I cook them two pounds at a time in my pressure cooker and ALWAYS have some around for snacking, breakfast, lunch & dinner.  You'd think after more than a year of eating them daily I would be tired of them, but nope - I likes 'em just fine!  LOL

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
renobabe

Post by renobabe »

MARY:  I love your recipes...especially the Taco soup...I have'nt recieved my book yet but I have been very
busy gettings recipes from the message board...Could you please tell me where is the recipe for garlic butter.

thanks
renobabe
renobabe

Post by renobabe »

Thanks mary yes I love ldl  very much....even though I've only been on it 10 days, I know this will be
the way I eat for the rest of my life...thank you all for the great support....

renobabe
Jokin

Post by Jokin »

Hi.
I'm new to this, and I'm still learning.

Thanks for this hummus recipe. I'll try it tomorrow.
So far, this way of eating has not been difficult at all. :)

Wish me luck.
Joyce