Grilled Corn Salsa

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
robert42

Grilled Corn Salsa

Post by robert42 »

Just read the attached article and I should probably credit that this is (slightly modified) either from "Totally Corn Cookbook" published by Ten Speed Press or from "Vegetables on the Grill" by Kelly McCune

Found this recipe in my local newspaper and it screams LDL so I thought I'd post it.

2 ears corn, husked
1 red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
4 italian plum tomatoes
2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and minced
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper

over medium-hot coals, grill the corn, onion, and tomatoes until they begin to brown.

Cut the kernels from the corn and chop the onion slices and tomatoes.

Combine corn, onion, tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro in a bowl.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

My notes:
I would probably put the jalapenos on the grill too, probably add a couple more, and leave the seeds in...but that's just me :)
robert42

Re: Grilled Corn Salsa

Post by robert42 »

Just realized, it might be really good to throw some black beans into this as well!!!  I love salsa as a dressing, i might have to try this...
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Wow, this sounds awesome, too!!  Robert, I like the way you think with regards to the jalepenos!!  I grew bunches of them this past summer and they are in my freezer, just waiting for new recipes...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
itsmimi

Post by itsmimi »

I like the way you think, Robert.  Black beans are wonderful in this.  I know because I tried it yesterday.  Not with the seeds still left in the hot peppers though. You're a braver person than me to do that. :o

Mimi
Gene

Post by Gene »

Queenie

I feel the same way, if you want a Jap. peppers, go all the way, seeds and all. I also grow my own jap. peppers, and chili pntens, and make my own hot sause, it is so good and hot.

ICL

PS,  Are iyou from TX ?????
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Sadly, Gene, I'm from nowhere.... or maybe everywhere!!

My dad was in the Army, so I traveled all over the world.  I've been in Virginia since I was seventeen, so I guess now I'm from Virginia (oh, geez - that's 33 YEARS!!)....

I developed a taste for hot things, I think because my dad likes hot things.  Being as he was military, we were exposed to many different cultures & my parents always made us try at least one bite of things.  If we didn't like things after that, it was OK, but we had to try them at least once. 

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."