LDL MUSHROOM GRAVY...FANTASTIC!

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: LDL MUSHROOM GRAVY...FANTASTIC!

Post by robnveronica »

Hello RT!! This sounds yummy. Hope all is wonderful with you and your family. Haven't seen you much lately and was wondering about you! Now I see you're doing well (I think!) Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Sounds great, Roger!  And very similar to how I make gravy (or I should say, USED to make gravy!).

As Veronica said, it's nice to see you!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Roger - I hope you didn't think I was being facetious - I know that you are very busy - I was just trying to say, it's great to see you!

Carolyn    ;D
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

same here Roger! We know you're busy with LDL! We just like to at least know (on occasion) that you are still alive and well! We are worried  when we don't know how things are going for you! Remember we are all part of a BIG FAMILY! And you our fine Friend are the HEAD of this Family here on Earth and God is the HEAD overall!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Is there a substitution I could use for the white wine in this recipe?

I'm not a connoiseur of wines and have heard that the wine you use in cooking should be one you enjoy drinking.  I wouldn't know which white wine I would enjoy.  I've learned that I could enjoy some rose wines and know that I don't like dry wines.  Sweet wines were always my choice so I guess it's a good thing I don't drink much of it.

Thanks for your help,
mrsj 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi julie....i looked at the recipe.....just omit the wine....and i would simmer those ingredients a little to get them to thicken a little...then add the cornstarch....you could make the same kind of gravy with chicken broth...i'm not really into wine either...i don't usually drink it and i don't really like cooking with it....you actually can make ANY kind of gravy(like with the dripping from pot roast)by using cornstarch...i don't really miss gravy, so i've never tried this...but, chinese food uses cornstarch and i LOVE chinese food.......niki 
ps...julie...did your ticker move? 
Last edited by niki on September 8th, 2007, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Ooooh....such good tips!
...i don't really miss gravy

I don't miss it either when at times I've used the black bean soup-mexican style as the gravy over Mary's, I mean ;) Bill's, mashed potatoes.  My grown kids aren't excited when I serve that.....I should have pureed the beans to disguise them.
So, I'm wanting this as much for company as for myself.

Happy eating!

That's what it's all about.
Thanks Niki and Mary.