Pizza sauce

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
sb125

Pizza sauce

Post by sb125 »

I was just reading a post about pizza sauce from way back & I thought I would mention that I found a good pizza sauce at Cub.  I think it is Cub's brand & it has no sugar in it!  ;D  I really like it!  I put it over my chicken & veggies for lunch.  It's great for a little bit different taste than I have every day.

Have a great day!
Steph  :D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Pizza sauce

Post by robnveronica »

Are you sure there's no HIDDEN sugars in it? Just checking!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Mary...I'm not the best, but I do my best to uphold your fine tradition. It helps me stay good! AND I know it took me forever to find a good spag sauce that didn't have sugar in it. It was sweetened with grape juice concentrate! (this is so when I have time to cook and need something easy, I can fix spaghetti for the kids and myself (me corn spag or no yolks) in about 10 minutes!) Thanks for the nomination!! VS
sb125

Post by sb125 »

OK, here it is:
tomato puree (water, tomato paste) contains less than 2% of: spices, dehydrated garlic, natural flavor, salt, soybean oil, citric acid

Oh, now I see it has that natural flavor thing that we don't know what it is, but since it's less than 2% I guess I thought it might be OK?

Let me know the verdict!  Have a great day, all!  Steph  ;D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
sb125

Post by sb125 »

thanks for the update!  Yippee, I really like the pizza sauce.  I don't really have it that much, but it is a nice change of taste from what I usually eat!  I made some little pizzas on the RyKrisp with this sauce & it was really good.

Have a great day, all!
Blessings,
Steph  :D
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

To make my pizza sauce I add Italian seasoning, Garlic powder, (sorry Gene) Oregano, Salt & pepper to tomato sauce or puree.  Sometimes I add Basil also.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!