Cilantro Vinaigrette

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
turkkm
Master Member

Cilantro Vinaigrette

Post by turkkm »

Cilantro Vinaigrette: 

(This has a sweet hot taste and is a pretty green due to the cilantro.)

1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
3-6 packs splenda (The original recipe called for 3 tablespoons sugar...so substitute splenda/stevia accordingly.)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (I used jarred since I did not have fresh and it was great. I just used the number of rings of jalapeno from the jar that looked about the same as 1 fresh one.)
1 garlic clove peeled and quartered
3/4 tsp. salt or to taste
2/3 cup olive oil

Put it all in your magic bullet and whir until blended.  It is a smooth and "creamy" pretty green dressing.  If you don't have a magic bullet, use a regular blender and drizzle oil in while processing.  Even though this is not a low fat dressing recipe, you only need a little since it packs a lot of taste!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
isthis4me

Re: Cilantro Vinaigrette

Post by isthis4me »

kathie, Ima gonna make this prolly this afternoon
I have 2 fresh jalepeno's fresh from the plant
and fresh cilantro

Ima gonna decide ifin I wanna use the pomegrante wine vinegar or my rice garlic vinegar

whatcha think?
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Re: Cilantro Vinaigrette

Post by turkkm »

I put in about the amount of 1 jalapeno from the jar version since I didn't have a fresh one.  It has a pretty good kick....just warning you!  ;)  This is my daughter's favorite dressing lately and she keeps making it for company.  It has been well liked by all. 
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.