Raspberry Mojo Viniagrette (and other fruit flavors!)

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Raspberry Mojo Viniagrette (and other fruit flavors!)

Post by Gwennaford »

Raspberry Mojo Viniagrette -- Serve as a salad dressing, marinade, or sauce for meat or steamed veggies.

Basic Mojo Viniagrette:

1 part Mojo Marinade (Just fruit juices, veg, herbs & spices - no sugar.  It's on the marinade & condiment aisle)
1 part Olive Oil
1 part Cider Vinegar
1 part Water (optional, but this is VERY tart without it)

For every cup of viniagrette, add:
2 Tbsp. Whole Grain Mustard
1/4 tsp. Dried (or 1/2 tsp. fresh) Italian Herb Blend
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 gram pkt. Splenda or Stevia (optional)
Several grinds Coarse Ground Black Pepper

Whiz all ingredients with an immersion or regular blender to emulsify.  Refrigerate in a clean glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid. 

--------------

To make the raspberry dressing:

1/2 cup of the above Basic Mojo Viniagrette
2 Tbsp. No Added Sugar raspberry jam or preserves

Whiz together to combine and break up any raspberry seeds.  You really don't want to strain this because you'll lose the little bits of veg & spices from the mojo.

Variations:  Substitute No Added Sugar Blackberry Jam or Preserves, or Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate for the raspberry.

Enjoy!  Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Victoria

Re: Raspberry Mojo Viniagrette (and other fruit flavors!)

Post by Victoria »

Thanks Gwen for some awesome sounding salad dressings!  I don't care for FF bottled dressings and have been looking for something other than the same old, same old, oil and vinegar dressings.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

You're welcome VickiLynn.  This is just a basic ordinary viniagrette recipe, but when you add the mojo, it's over the top!  Then, with the blackberry or raspberry -- WHEW!  I'm so glad Roger Troy and Anita introduced the mojo marinade in her marinated corn recipe.  I would never have tried it otherwise.
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 599#p44599

I agree with you about bottled salad dressings.  The only exception is ranch dressing.  Since Hidden Valley quit making their salad dressing mix, I can't get that flavor.  They still market a dip mix, but it's not the same.

I don't like commercially bottled salsa either, as a rule.  It usually has starchy thickeners & fillers, sugar, etc. that make it all sweet & gloppy.  I made an exception recently & bought a bottle of Walmart store brand (great value) to use in a recipe and IT IS SO GOOD.  No added sugar, MSG or preservatives.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Gweenaford,

Thanks for the recipe. I love Mojo. After moving to Tampa I learned there was more out there than just Cajun cooking. Tampa is a melting pot so to speak. You name it, it's here. We have some really nice neighbors that we're always doing things with and they are Cuban. They have been kind enough to share some of their mouth watering recipes. Unfortunately, most of them are not LDL friendly but the ones that are I'll definitely post for everyone to enjoy.

CQ