"Beanut" Butter

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
tprouty
Master Member

"Beanut" Butter

Post by tprouty »

The credit for this idea has to go to Savannah, as I based this dip/spread on her Gingerbread Brownie recipe. I've been missing peanut butter (not really craving it, but I love peanut butter on apple or banana slices and such.) The texture of this was so smooth, and the flavor was great. I had it with apple slices, and it would be great with any fruit, or on corn thins or wasa, or on the LDL healthy beanana muffins, or even on the gingerbread brownies themselves for a treat!

"Beanut" Butter

1 can (2 cups) kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (2 cups) garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
1 heaping Tbsp. cinnamon
1 heaping tsp pumpkin pie spice
dash sea salt
1/2 t. stevia powder
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 T. evoo (approx, optional)
applesauce and/or more canned pumpkin to make a thinner consistency

Put everything but the evoo and applesauce and/or extra pumpkin in a food processor bowl. You could probably use a stick blender just as easily, but I don't have a good one.  ;)  Blend to make a smooth texture, pouring in a little evoo if desired (I probably didn't use even a full Tablespoon), and add a little extra pumpkin or applesauce to thin the mixture to the desired consistency. Add more or less spice to taste. You could also use other spices, like nutmeg, ginger, etc.

Refrigerate and enjoy as you would peanut butter -- without the guilt!
LovinLDL

Re: "Beanut" Butter

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks this sounds really good.  I love hummus type spreads and used to be a big PB fan.

Blessings and Thanks,
Julie
southernyankee

Re: "Beanut" Butter

Post by southernyankee »

tprouty,
Once again I am impressed with the ingenuity of LDL'ers in creating great, easy recipes. :thumbsup: Since being on LDL I hadn't really missed peanut butter because I've been satisfied with LDL foods. But as Julie said, I also used to be a major consumer of the stuff. My apologies to the peanut farmers and so forth, but  :stop: I just don't use peanut butter any more! This "Beanut" Butter is definitely on my "to do" list.
Many thanks,
southernyankee
southernyankee
omalani
Master Member

Re:

Post by omalani »

I made some beanut butter but used 1 can of white beans and 1 can pumpkin. I drained the beans but didn't rinse them so I didn't add salt. I added 2 tbs. splenda and a dash of cinnamon. It tasted a little like whipped peanut butter but I wasn't happy with it so I added 3 heaping Tbs. of chunky peanut butter (no HFCS in it) and thinned it with a little coconut milk. It really satisfied my taste for PB. I put some hot water and a pack of SF hot cocoa mix in the blender to rinse all the "PB" out. It was a delicious hot drink. It made at least 2 cups of beanut butter, so there is very little peanut butter in the amount I used on my corn thins. I want to try it out on my grandkids to see if they like it. Sorry about the non-LDL peanut butter but maybe in a small amount it will keep me out of the high fat regular PB. This looks and tastes like creamy peanut butter. It was great on apple slices and I look forward to having it on corn thins with banana slices. I am loving all the new combinations of food that is helping me get thin. I can truly thank God for my food and not feel guilty eating as much as I want. I think I might try some Thai lettuce wraps using beanut butter as a spread on the bottom. God's creation is so awesome and you are one of His best creations and don't be callin' God a liar, when He created Adam and Eve, He said, "It is very good!"
PS: I made this according to the recipe but did not like the garbanzos, I perfer white beans, and I put more pumpkin in it. I made the garbanzo beanut butter into Gingerbread brownies. The ingredients were pretty much the same. I will try tomorrow to recreate my beanut butter.