Homemade Dry Ranch Dressing Mix

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Homemade Dry Ranch Dressing Mix

Post by CodingQueen »

I would like everyone to know that mrsj deserves the credit for this find. She posted a recipe on another thread but I knew from making so much taco soup that it had dried onion. So I searched high and low and found it. This will make enough to use in place of 1 store bought package and doesn't contain MSG.

1/2 cup dry buttermilk powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley, crushed
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Mix and store in an airtight container.

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Homemade Dry Ranch Dressing Mix

Post by Joyful Friend »

CQ, I need to find dry buttermilk.  I didn't even know it existed.  Thanks for posting this as a new thread.  Joyful Friend
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks Mary,

I looked at this and as I was scrolling down was thinking that that buttermilk powder spoiled my whole plan to try the vegetable taco soup.  Then, I got to your suggestion (which I imagined in a nice, kind British accent:-)

Blessings and Thanks,
Julie
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Good idea Mary.  It's worth a try without the dry buttermilk.......especially since I haven't bought any. :tongue:
Only then if that doesn't taste as good, would any of us need to buy the buttermilk to add as it is used in the other taco soup recipe.  
The main reason we needed a homemade dry ranch dressing was because someone could not buy the Hidden Valley Ranch in their area and that was what was called for in the recipe.

CQ, way to go adding the dried onion! :thumbsup:
Thanks,
mrsj  
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

marysimmons wrote:Why don't you guys try it WITHOUT the dried buttermilk stuff?!  It would be a better idea all 'round, and more convenient, too!

Little Mary

Mary, I'm all for leaving it out if it works.

CQ
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, I haven't made it to the store, so will save myself some cents.  I am going to make squash fries, today.  While they are baking, I'm going to roast garlic, and do what Gwen does.  Put it in a jar with olive oil.  I am so happy, my new closet clothes are  getting too big.  I'll have to move deeper into my next sizes.  I've enjoyed making Taco chicken soup, split pea, cauliflower, broccoli cauliflower, bean, beef veggie, squash garlic.  I just love all of them.  Who would ever thought that I would have become soup crazy!!!  They just make my weight come off, and they taste so fattening, and I'm always full.  Joyful Friend
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I wonder if some chickpea flour (aka garbanzo flour) could be used instead of the buttermilk powder for creaminess?