Is Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing bottled or dry legal?

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
mama rose

Is Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing bottled or dry legal?

Post by mama rose »

Hello all.  I am new here.  My best friend has diabetes and is awaiting LDL book to arrive. In mean time we need to know if he can have Hidden Valley Ranch dressing on his salads.  Also, is bacon bits (real bacon) allowed on salads and in eggs?  What about yogurt?  He has always eaten Mountain High low fat vanilla.  Thanks so much.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Is Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing bottled or dry legal?

Post by CodingQueen »

This is the list of ingredients for Mountain High Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt.

Ingredients: Cultured Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Crystalline Fructose, Natural Vanilla, Pectin, Natural Flavors. Contains Live, Active & Probiotic Cultures (L.Bulgaricus, S.Thermophilus, L.Acidophilus, L.Bifidus, L.Casei).

As you can see, it contains fructose which is another name for sugar.

CQ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

CodingQueen wrote:This is the list of ingredients for Mountain High Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt.
Ingredients: Cultured Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Crystalline Fructose, Natural Vanilla, Pectin, Natural Flavors. Contains Live, Active & Probiotic Cultures (L.Bulgaricus, S.Thermophilus, L.Acidophilus, L.Bifidus, L.Casei).As you can see, it contains fructose which is another name for sugar.

not to mention the fact that "natural" flavors is often a cover for MORE hidden sugars.....the head's up is often the fact that something tastes way better than it should......that the processed product tastes better than the homemade one....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
conniear50

Post by conniear50 »

If bottled Hidden Valley is allowed I don't know why dry it wouldn't be with skim milk, and fat free or olive oil mayo. I have made it and get many compliments on it. I used this on another plan and was very satisfied with not totally giving up flavor. The enjoy what you eat factor is huge. I think that you must have something that seems dedadant to you, but healthy at the same time. I also mix Italian dry and use olive oil and viegar and add a little of the appropriate mayo for richness. It creates a creamy Italian.
I have questions about sunflower seeds and peanuts acturally being a bean. would it be allowed because of that factor. Sunflower seeds are a plant and seemingly would qualify, at least in small amounts.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

conniear50 wrote:If bottled Hidden Valley is allowed I don't know why dry it wouldn't be with skim milk, and fat free or olive oil mayo.  
I have questions about sunflower seeds and peanuts acturally being a bean. would it be allowed because of that factor. Sunflower seeds are a plant and seemingly would qualify, at least in small amounts.

bear in mind that whenever you ask a question about wether something is allowed, you're getting basic guidelines of what worked for someone else(including roger)...everyone's different.......some people need to eat more strictly than others....some people can get away with eating more lavishly and still lose weight.......a lot depends on how much weight you need to lose and what your weight loss history has been(wether you're someone who loses weight easily or with difficulty)....when you need to lose a lot of weight, you lose more in the beginning until you get to the point where you don't have that much weight to lose and then THAT weight comes off slower....
PLUS, EVERYONE has different things that they don't want to give up....roger liked putting blue cheese crumbles on his salad and he added wine part way through.....EVERY PERSON needs to pick the things that are important to THEM to make this work for THEM....some people don't care if they lose a little slower and prefer to eat certain things......GO FOR IT......

i didn't accept roger's response to someone about peanuts...i started buying the roasted ones in the shell...DELICIOUS.........but, every time i ate something, i ended up taking the bag of peanuts out and eating until i was satisfied......i was SO sorry i did that....BUT, i TRIED....you can, too.....maybe it won't be like that for you...or, maybe you want to try putting sunflower seeds on your salad or something like that.....that's up to you......maybe it'll work for you...maybe it won't...as i said, you're just getting guidelines here from people about what worked for them.....YOU take it from there....      
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..