Sausage Gravy and Biscuits

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
rgfd401

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits

Post by rgfd401 »

OK food police see what ya think,
  Sausage gravy and biscuits has always been one of my favorite meals. Now you'll  have to forgive me but my mom taught me how to cook and she wasn't very big on using a whole lot of measurements so most of this is by taste. So here's what I done. I took 1 1/2 cups of navy beans, two left over turkey sausage patties, added a about 1/2 tsp of Morton's sausage and meat loaf seasoning, little garlic powder, salt, pepper and a little bit of hot pepper seeds. Put all in the blender added water to the right gravy consistency. Took some corn thins with a little ICBINB and but the gravy over. Wasn't bad!! It would probably be better over popcorn pancakes or the garbanzo biscuits but I haven't made them yet. Also a few extra chunks of sausage would be nice. Anyway it hit the spot and I think it should be LDL friendly. Let me know.

Tim
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Sausage Gravy and Biscuits

Post by Joyful Friend »

Tim, I am not the food police, but it sounds similar to what I did for my pizza addiction.  I used cornthins, spread with pizza sauce, put  garlic powder,sauteed mushrooms, hot peppers, and 1/4 piece of ff cheese.  Micro until cheese melted.  I did 4.  It satisfied my craving.  I hope this new gravy satisfies your gravy craving.  It sounds good and LDL friendly, but it would have to be your  meat protein meal  for the day.  Joyful Friend
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Are you referring to LDL Turkey sausage patties?.....like the kind made from turkey breast and your own seasoning?  I haven't seen any sausage in the store that would be very lean.  If it is the LDL sausage recipe, the recipe for the gravy looks great!

Blessings,
Julie
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

It sounds delicious, Tim! Beans well blended with spices and water or broth makes an excellent gravy. I would probably put the sausage (LDL style, of course -- there are some great recipes here for seasoning your own lean meat, as you've probably found!) in the blender after the beans have already been blended to the right consistency. Then you can still have those delicious, chewy little bits of sausage.

I haven't tried the banzo biscuits yet, either. I'm sure they would work. Some of their ingredients, and the processing, make them a once in a while thing, but the corn thins are good for anytime! Corn thins with sausage gravy dip sounds wonderful! I'll have to try it some weekend morning. Thanks for the idea.

Terri
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Very interesting!
Thanks!  :)
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

Yeah, forgot to mention it is LDL turkey sausage. Made it a couple days ago that's why I didn't have enough to chunk up?

tim