White bean "gravy"

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
L8EEBug
New, but learning

White bean "gravy"

Post by L8EEBug »

I have come up with an awesome form of "gravy" that I wanted to pass by the food police and make sure it is ok.  Also, if it is ok, I wanted to share it with all of you, cause it is DELICIOUS! 

Can of Great Northern Beans
Couple roasted red peppers
clove of garlic
Chicken broth

Place the above in a food processor and just add enough chicken broth to create the "grave" consistency and then heat and place over whatever you are eating.  I use it over ground cken or turkey burgers and it is so YUMMY!!! :thumbsup:  Also gives me another "bean" without even knowing I am having beans.

Tell me what you think...

Tia
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: White bean "gravy"

Post by CodingQueen »

I'm not the Food Police but it's definitely OK. The roasted peppers sound really good, too.

I've used black bean soup minus a lot of the liquid to make gravy as well....just throw into a blender or use the boat motor  :laughing: and pour over a roast.

CQ
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

that's a great recipe! I also use pureed white beans to make a sauce and I can eat as much as I want. I make parsley butter. Not butter at all but what my grandma called it. Just pureed beans and fresh parsley. Sometimes I add a couple tablespoons of canned skimmed milk and black pepper. I make dill sauce also same way. This was my Aunties recipe. The original was made with water and flour cooked until thick and seasoned. Now I probably would not like it that way as the beans have so much flavour.          Judie
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

snowbirdie,

I love dill sauce over my fish. Thanks for the post.

CQ
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

you are quite welcome! I too love dill sauce! Of course dear Auntie poured it over some foods although delicious  are a big  no-no But that doesn't matter anymore.
                                                        Judie