poached eggs in tomato sauce

Start your morning out right!
snowbirdie
Master Member

poached eggs in tomato sauce

Post by snowbirdie »

Greetings all!
       I recently saw this recipe on tv -Mad about food by lucinda scala quinn. At first I thought maybe it will be gross but we tried it and it was very good. If you want the original recipe go on line under her name and there it is.  I had a jar of sauce ldl compliable just full of mushrooms and that is what I used.    
        Put your prepared sauce in a rather large skillet. I used a cast iron skillet. Heat your sauce to simmer. Add the eggs one at a time not touching each other. Put on the lid and simmer till the doneness you like. Original recipe calls for toast points buttered with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on.  Of course we don't use toast but you could use popcorn cakes. I did not use the cheese as I forgot it. I always seem to need a bigger breakfast and this is a nice change. Hope you give it a try! I think this would be a nice special occasion treat.
                                                      Judie

I fogot to add this. If wanted this could be served with a nice amount of cooked spinach for a more rounded meal.
Last edited by snowbirdie on November 10th, 2010, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Re: poached eggs in tomato sauce

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Roger, 
    Yep always loved ketchup on my egg, especially the homemade kind. But this is more like spaghetti sauce. yep I know all about ketchup and eggs. Ha Ha.
                                                            judie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yep, my family always put ketchup on EVERYTHING. Eggs, potatoes, and I even had a cousin who put ketchup on corn-on-the-cob!
Must be a northern thing since I grew up in Northern Ohio. Now my southern husband puts yellow mustard on his eggs! (and potatoes, and potato salad and hot dogs and hamburgers, etc,etc,etc)
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

i put ketchup and Tabasco sauce on my eggs. Got to get some "kick" in those things!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

My favorite breakfast is fresh fruit, two poached eggs on ff refried beans with Mexican hot sauce and two pieces of crisp bread with sharp cheese.

That really gets my motor going to burn that fat.

Blessings,
Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Well I guess I must be really north.  I eat mustard on everything.  Never much cared for ketchup and neither did my family growing up.  I even ate mustard on my toast and pancakes & with french fries. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Your love affair with mustard means you are really a southerner at heart!  :cool:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...