Post by CodingQueen »

Preheat oven to 350.

1 yellow onion, diced
1 package ground turkey
1 package Taco Seasoning
5 eggs
1 small can green chiles diced
1/2 cup fat free or low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Saute yellow onion, brown ground turkey in same pan. Add Taco seasoning packet and follow directions. In bowl, mix 5 eggs and small can green chiles. In casserole/baking dish spread out onion and seasoned turkey mixture. Pour over egg mixture and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in 350 oven for 30-35 minutes (until golden brown on top, and toothpick inserted comes out clean). Let rest for about 5 to 10 minutes. This makes 6 big servings. Can be served topped with shredded lettuce, salsa, chopped onion, etc.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Crustless Taco Quiche

Post by VickiLynn »

CQ,

I made this with a little variation. After putting the onion and turkey mix in a 9 inch glass pie pan I added a very small dice of two Roma tomatoes.  Then I added 1/2 cup of skim milk (instead of the cheese) along with the diced chilies to the eggs and beat pretty well with a whisk and poured into the pie pan. Baked according to your directions.  It was really tasty and I'll be making it again.
Gene

Post by Gene »

Dear Coding Queen,

How much is one pkg of turkey, 1 to 2 lobs???

ICL

Gene
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Gene,

The package I used was a little over a pound.

VickiLynn,

I'm going to try it the next time using the Roma tomatoes, plus, use venison instead of turkey as my husband suggested. He loves *love* his venison.

CQ