bean soup omlettes

Start your morning out right!
rhernan216

bean soup omlettes

Post by rhernan216 »

Hey guys we have omlettes a few times a week for breakfast...sometimes for dinner. If i have some left over soup...i warm up the soup drain the liquid and as i make omlettes i spoon a ladle of the beans andveggies from the soup as a filler , throw some bell pepper and onions with half a slice of fat free cheese for the omlette. the kids love them and we are always full.  Garnish with some fresh sliced tomatoes and maybe a little Pace Picante Sauce and Yum yum!

I am quite good at omlette flipping now..woo hoo!!
Richard Hernandez
niki

Re: bean soup omlettes

Post by niki »

gosh richard..that's a good idea to use the stuff from soup in an omelet..i've really only eaten eggs once since i've been on this program.....i'm going to try doing that......niki 
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Mmmm....I do this with my salads, too, if I'm running short on time or don't have any leftovers for lunch. Just plop the soup innards on your salad. Tastes great and you don't need any dressing or feta as the flavor is already there. I sometimes do this with canned soup, too, if I can find any w/o potato starch and sugars in them. Or sometimes I'll just use my homemade pea soup as a 'dressing' for my salad. Love the warm on top of the cold! Throw on some sauteed mushrooms and life is good indeed! :) nyK
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

oh wow the soup in the salad as opposed to how we normally eat soup on the side of salad is a wonderful idea too!!!! sounds Yummy!

thanks!
Richard Hernandez