Master Member

Banana Pancakes (LDL Friendly)

Post by jencita »

Banana Pancakes

2 eggs
1 banana
cinnamon
vanilla extract

Whisk 2 eggs, add a smooshed banana, add a dash cinnamon and a dash vanilla. Spray pan with nonstick spray and fry pancakes - makes 3 - They look just like the pancakes made with flour. They are amazing!!! They are so good that it tricks my brain into thinking that I am eating real pancakes. Very filling. You can add bluberries as well.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Banana Pancakes (LDL Friendly)

Post by VickiLynn »

I usually eat an egg or two for breakfast in addition to a banana but have never thought to combine the two. I'm going to try this out tomorrow.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

jencita I think I love you! :)) Can't wait to try these!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by cameron »

Jencita!

Where have you been, so happy to hear from you.

I am going to try these as well, sounds great. :)
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I am back and going strong with LDL - only lost 3 pounds so far. Can't seem to figure out the new boards though. Let me know what you think of the pancakes. I adore them!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

My, this sounds delicious; will try them soon. Thanks. Glad you're back, losing pounds, and eating heathier. :ymhug: JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Oh Jennie this sounds wonderful
I will be trying this very soon!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

=p~ WOW!!! :-BD
I only had 2 eggs left and DH and I both wanted pancakes. So I made your recipe and made 5 small cakes for me. I had some old SF preserves, which I nuked and had strawberry syrup on them. Then I added some milk and pancake mix to to the remaining batter and made him 6 pancakes with butter and syrup. We both were happy. I think I may have to get under 200lbs. before he really decides LDL works. He doesn't want to give up processed carbs. His mom was a waitress and single mom. He spent many holidays and Sunday dinners at a restaurant and mom brought home food left over from the end of the shift. I came from 2 parent home and although my parents were both raised on farms in North Dakota, they met, married and raised us in Southern Calif. Mom cooked with meat and veggies, and because she grew up where fruits were not as available, she always had fruits available for us to eat all we wanted. We ate out on Mother's Day and sometimes on road trips to N.Dak. for brft. otherwise we had bread, peanut butter, and lots of fruit. She also baked cookies. Sunday dinners were spent With Gramma and extended family at our house or theirs. So we have conflict because I would rather eat at home (especially after watching "Dirty little restaurant secrets" on Dr. Oz)
He wants what he wants, sometimes he treats me like a restaurant and wants to dictate the menu. I just tell him this is what my menu is, and he can add potatoes, carbs and desserts. Spoiled from birth!! Thanks Jencita!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Yay so glad it worked for you - sometimes its these simple things that really help
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

I will definitely try these, Jencita! Thank you for coming up with something so simple and yummy.

My hubby loves pancakes on occasion, and though we use a healthy recipe, they're still made with flour. Now I don't have to feel left out.

My family was similar to yours, Omalani. My parents were putting 4 of us through Christian school, and we lived on a small farm, so we ate fresh stuff a lot, and almost never ate out.

And today, my hubby and I rarely eat out because we like what comes out of our own kitchen (even before LDL) more than what we get at a restaurant. The occasional meal out is a break from cleaning the kitchen more than anything else!

I've been carrying around 2 gift cards for Olive Garden for about a year, and we never seem to get there to use the cards. Ok, Olive Garden is over an hour away, and we're usually trying to get a list of things done before we head home...... but still.

;)

Terri
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Sounds great! Will try them soon!

Mary J
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Terri, I also love pancakes. If you are at goal, Bisquick gluten free mix is wonderful.(Rice flour) I use coconut or almond milk in place of dairy milk. I add blueberries, blackberries. Cook in coconut oil. They stay with me for hours. Delicious!!! They don't make me gain, nor do they start my cravings for more. The banana pancakes serve LDL well. The next time I have a desire for them, I'm going to do them. :D :) JF
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I made these this morning. They are REALLY GOOD! Do you put anything on them? They were good alone. Tried a little Polaner's All Fruit on them which was good too.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I usually just eat them plain but I can see where the polander jelly would be wonderful on them.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

I didn't get around making these pancakes until this morning at 9:30 am and they were well worth the wait. Absolutely delicious! My batch made four large pancakes and as I started eating them, I didn't think they would fill me up enough but I was more than satisfied so I should have no problem with hunger pains before my lunch at 2:00. Lunch will be Beefy Refried Bean Soup to which I added one can of pinto beans and the rest of my Green Bean Salad from yesterday. Happy LDL eating.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Made these this morning.
Oh my are they ever good!
Hubby said first batch tasted too strong taste of banana so second batch I added a handful of blueberries and 3 eggs to the banana. I liked both. He even suggested grinding some dehydrated apples to add to the bananas and blueberries.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I made these this morning too! :D My banana was very ripe so I had a strong flavor of banana also. I liked it. I put unsweetened strawberry applesauce on them and man oh man were they good! They were also very filling and I was satisfied until lunch time. I will definitely make these again. I think I'm going to experiment with them a bit too. There are so many flavor options I can think of for these. I'm thinking that peach applesauce would also be yummy on these. Thank you again for this recipe! :ymapplause: It ROCKS!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Joyful Friend »

I Have made these pancakes twice; each time I have enjoyed them, and they stayed with me a long time. I put hot blueberries over mine. Delicious. Thanks for the easy recipe. :ymhug: JF
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Yay I am so glad you all are enjoying them. I haven't tried the blueberries yet but plan to. I did try them with eggbeaters just to see if it would work - it does not work so make sure to stick with real eggs.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I actually like the strong taste of banana also....it was hubby who didn't....my banans were very ripe
I like them also with the blueberries mixed in also.
Here's some picks:
Just egg and banana

Adding blueberries makes them appear darker.
Linda